TinBoats Twitter - Random posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So two NCIS Investigators in suits came into my office this morning, and as my life flashed before my eyes and I thought about everything bad and/or illegal i have ever done, I heard them say something about needing a Yellow Fever vaccination...... Then I remembered that Im the Public Health guy and they were just here to get ready to go to Iraq....but dang I panicked!!! lol

nathanielrthomas said:
So two NCIS Investigators in suits came into my office this morning, and as my life flashed before my eyes and I thought about everything bad and/or illegal i have ever done, I heard them say something about needing a Yellow Fever vaccination...... Then I remembered that Im the Public Health guy and they were just here to get ready to go to Iraq....but **** I panicked!!! lol

Phew...that was close. :shock:

nathanielrthomas said:
So two NCIS Investigators in suits came into my office this morning

I remember the last time NCIS Investigators came to see me, Can't talk about it though because the stature of limitations isn't up yet. :shock:

On my lunchbreak from work... I'm actually wondering if I really like the food at "Firehouse Subs Shop" or do I like going there because it is located right next to Dick's Sporting Goods where I go in everyday and seem to find something I just have to have in my tackle box???

Is there such a thing as a fishing gear hoarder? If so, My name is Tony, and I'm a hoarder.

Hooky1420 said:
On my lunchbreak from work... I'm actually wondering if I really like the food at "Firehouse Subs Shop" or do I like going there because it is located right next to Dick's Sporting Goods where I go in everyday and seem to find something I just have to have in my tackle box???

Is there such a thing as a fishing gear hoarder? If so, My name is Tony, and I'm a hoarder.

HI TONY!!! Glad to have you. And the answer is yes, to all the above.

Jim said:
When I want something, it consumes me 24/7. I have to think about it all the time, How I am going to aquire it? When will it be in my hands...why do I have to wait?...EVERYTHING. :LOL2:

How am I going to get this fishing rod I want?

Wife says I have plenty and don't need one...I NEED one. She does not understand that with this rod I could possibly catch the next world record and she will never have to lift a finger or clean the house again!

I cant ship it to work, I take a train to and from home. I need to refocus and put my thinking cap on.
Ok, back to work. :LOL2:

Similar thing happened to me... Got a new Rod and reel and kept it in my truck for about two months... when i was finally asked about it, i just told her "that rod? i've had that for quite a while!" technically, i wasn't lying to her!

Jim said:
When I want something, it consumes me 24/7. I have to think about it all the time, How I am going to aquire it? When will it be in my hands...why do I have to wait?...EVERYTHING. :LOL2:

Wife says I have plenty and don't need one...I NEED one. She does not understand that with this rod I could possibly catch the next world record and she will never have to lift a finger or clean the house again!

I cant ship it to work, I take a train to and from home. I need to refocus and put my thinking cap on.

I'm the same way... one track mind. And thanks to my brother I'm dying for a new rod. I made the mistake of trying out one of his G. Loomis NRX rods last week.... oh so sweet, and oh so expensive... but I need it.

Jim said:

Order it and have it sent to a close friend. Have the friend give it to you so you can honestly say: "No honey, Pete gave that to me"

poolie said:
I'm the same way... one track mind. And thanks to my brother I'm dying for a new rod. I made the mistake of trying out one of his G. Loomis NRX rods last week.... oh so sweet, and oh so expensive... but I need it.

I suffer the same malady...I can in no way afford the NRX rods...but that doesn't stop me from trying to pitch it to my wife that I should get it...it hasn't worked yet, but I won't stop angling for it...every time I go to BPS, she goes with me...she used to not have any problem with me getting stuff....that's starting to change...she just recently asked why I needed another rod...I explained to her that it was for a new technique...then replacing one that was old...then one that was "broken"...I'm starting to run out of excuses...

If you are putting carpet in your boat, and you are unsure of the color, go with grey. It goes with all other colors, its easy to clean, stays cool and corfortable, and no one will make fun of you.

My buddy just bought a brand new alumacraft, put a sweet deck and floor in it, and guess what he covers it with.... Putt-Putt golf carpet. Why would someone do that to a brand new boat? I told him he's an idiot and his new boat looks exactly like my uncle's boat looked like in 1979. All he needs now is some cut-off shorts.

nathanielrthomas said:
If you are putting carpet in your boat, and you are unsure of the color, go with grey. It goes with all other colors, its easy to clean, stays cool and corfortable, and no one will make fun of you.

My buddy just bought a brand new alumacraft, put a sweet deck and floor in it, and guess what he covers it with.... Putt-Putt golf carpet. Why would someone do that to a brand new boat? I told him he's an idiot and his new boat looks exactly like my uncle's boat looked like in 1979. All he needs now is some cut-off shorts.

OR you could install a hole and have a putting green/boat....which would be totally amazing!!!! Eat your heart out Sawgrass #17...My green moves in the water!!!

I think this sums it all up...

A woman is having a glass of wine at home with her husband. She says, "I
love you." He asks, "Is that you or the wine talking?" She replies, "It's
me.... talking to the wine.

fender66 said:
I think this sums it all up...

A woman is having a glass of wine at home with her husband. She says, "I
love you." He asks, "Is that you or the wine talking?" She replies, "It's
me.... talking to the wine.

:roflmao:

I was thinking about bringing the boat to work tonight so I could go fishing in the morning. Weather channel and weather.com say snow showers tonight and tomorrow. Come on, really? Snow showers?

Caught a couple of decent bass yesterday before weather conditions forced us to pack it in...as soon as we were back in the truck and on the way home, the skies cleared and it looked beautiful...I was just thinking about heading back to the water but decided against it

2 hours later we were in a tornado warning - glad I didn't decide to go back out.

Latest posts