TIP - Now WHERE is that drainplug?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
TIP - I do this on all my tins, if no hole there already, that no one besides a handful of us :lol: probably realizes that it is there for ...

Just drill a 'storage hole' for the drainplug in the knee! Notice I put it on the starboard side so the operator can reach it whilst running the boat. Or, add an extra one on the other side, or anywhere desired, if you carry a spare!

Before
Plug1.jpg

After
Plug2.jpg

Great idea.

I have one with my Fishfinder, one in the boat glovebox, one on a bead chain near the transom, and one in my truck's console. I've still forgotten till the last moment on the ramp a couple of times.

Good idea - Once I had to stop at a marina store to buy plugs when they disappeared into bilge abyss during towing.

Smart idea. Mines tied on a short paracord from previous owner and I've liked it like that. Never forget it or lose it.

They're around $6-8/each...

I buy a few of them and throw one into random places: tackle box, glove box, storage bin in the truck, storage pod in the boat, one in the Thule... That way... if I actually lose the one in the back of the boat, a spare is never far away...

LDUBS said:
Great idea.

I have one with my Fishfinder, one in the boat glovebox, one on a bead chain near the transom, and one in my truck's console. I've still forgotten till the last moment on the ramp a couple of times.

I have mine on the end of my lanyard... can't forget to put it in when it's on the kill switch. But I'll be parking a spare in the back of the boat.

I've got a few in my splashwell that would have to grow wings to escape, one is in one of the well drains just in case the other two disappear. Hasn't happened yet in the years I've had this boat.