To be named... 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After doing a little snagging in the rain I got the seat mounted. Im going to try and build a extension out of PVC for my TM that way it reaches back to the bench.

The deck is carpeted going to get hatch shaved down and covered/ installed tommorow to. Then I just. Have to sand down the 5200 and paint it and I'm "done"!

The boat is pretty much done. I didn't say this at the beginning because I didn't want to get treated as a kid but I'm only 14! I'm pretty proud of myself I did pretty much all of it myself. I'll get some pics up soon

great find on the outboard! looks like a long shaft? (if so you will need a jack plate to raise it up higher on your transom) i have been wanting an older mariner soo bad! they are pretty similar to a yamaha... i saw you say you don't know where to put the ear muffs? this outboard doesn't use earmuffs.... it has a screw that you remove down by the propeller that you screw in an attachment that goes to a hose.

good job on the progress and am looking forward to final pictures

inlovewithsurfin said:
great find on the outboard! looks like a long shaft? (if so you will need a jack plate to raise it up higher on your transom) i have been wanting an older mariner soo bad! they are pretty similar to a yamaha... i saw you say you don't know where to put the eaI muffs? this outboard doesn't use earmuffs.... it has a screw that you remove down by the propeller that you screw in an attachment that goes to a hose.

good job on the progress and am looking forward to final pictures
I can't use those earmuffs like you said but there is a different style I can use. And the screw. But I was lookin at the cavitation plate and it looks like it sits pretty level with the bottom. I just have to by a bolt at lowes so I can make the OB sit perfectly vertical.

Here is a pic. It's cluttered from tools and such. But it is a long shaft #-o guess ill start looking for the cheapest jack plate I can find

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 1,071
The boat is officialy done! The deck is all finished up and I build my TM extension. Just hoping the cold weather will warm up on the weekend so I can take it out for a spin!

Some finished pics. I am going to run the wire under the deck but I haven't figured out exactly where I want it yet so I am waiting on that.

Attachments

• DSC_0986.JPG
    DSC_0986.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,042
  • DSC_0990.JPG
    DSC_0990.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,042
  • DSC_0991.JPG
    DSC_0991.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,042
  • DSC_0992.JPG
    DSC_0992.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,042
  • DSC_0993.JPG
    DSC_0993.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,042
  • DSC_0994.JPG
    DSC_0994.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,042
  • DSC_0995.JPG
    DSC_0995.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,042
Took it out for some break in tonight and all I can say is I love it! After about 5 min of sputtering around it ran great. fishing Saturday and sunday

Put somewhere around 10 in the boat today. No size worth mentioning. Biggest was just a 2. Trolling motor is working great although I need to buy some wire so I can put the battery in the back because the front is to heavy and when we hit the smallest of wave we get sprayed. The TM extension may be the best $4 I've ever spent.

These from the ground up builds just amaze me looking at the beginning and then the finished product. Awesome job. Can't wait to start mine and just keep looking thru the old threads with similar size boats for ideas. Thanks for posting this for us new guys.