Tracker 1232 Project Suggestions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave11

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This is my first time posting and I wanted to say thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge and experience on this site. After reading through many of the posts, I have been inspired to start my own jon boat mod project and I am looking for some suggestions.

Last year, I bought a Tracker 1232 jon boat, a 6 hp Johnson 2 cycle outboard, and a 45-lb minn kota trolling motor (didn’t get a chance to use though).
Topper-1232-Riveted-Jon_img4218_700.jpg
Last season, I was originally transporting the boat on the roof of my suv which was one of the reasons I bought it. It worked great for the rivers and lakes I fish.

A few of the problems I ran into though were that everything needed to come out of the boat before I put it on my roof (things started to add up). It also makes it nearly impossible to go fishing by myself transporting it in this fashion. I usually fish with a friend, but there were times when I couldnt find anybody to go with me so I couldnt take the boat.

Now this upcoming year, I am going to buy a trailer and make some improvements to the boat. After reading many of the posts, I realize that building a high deck would be foolish. However, I would like to make a carpeted floor to dampen sound and prevent gear from sliding around. I would also like to make the bow seat into a storage container that is flush with the top of the boat and frame a lid for the small transom storage area. I also bought a fish finder that I need to install. I am also going to purchase two swivel seats. Not sure if I am going to buy the clamp style or pedestal kind. I am thinking something like bobberboy did: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9712

I am just in the planning stages and I am looking for some suggestions on the layout. I am thinking about bow mounting the trolling motor and putting the battery in the front storage area to try to spread out the weight and leave the gas tank in the back.

I guess other than buying another boat, anybody have any suggestions on what they would do.
Thanks!

I wouldn't put the battery up front. Leave it in the back or at least near the rear most seat. Here are some picture of my old 1432 mod. I hope they help. The deck up front you see is not meant for casting, just some storage and live well. The pontoon were just to add stability. I use Kayak outriggers for the final project.

Attachments

• 1432 new2.jpg
    1432 new2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,071
  • schematic.jpg
    schematic.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,071
  • 1432 old.jpg
    1432 old.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,071