Tracker Sportsman

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fhobbs89

Reaction score
I have shopped the web looking for a reasonable priced hatch for the bow to store the anchor. All I Am seeing are the Tempress —very expensive for a hatch.
Anybody done one? Anyone have a supplier? Ideas?

For my money I went aluminum. Fish on fabrication to be exact. A little more money WAY better end result. Last one I had him make for me was 200 ish dollars. Compared to a plastic temptress hatch the aluminum is money better spent. The metal doesn’t crack and fade from sun exposure.

I’m gonna echo what WallyC said. I also purchased a custom hatch from Fishon Fabrications. I believe it was 14x18” and ran a little under $200. But it is beautifully built and heavy duty. Well worth the money in my eyes. 1/8” aluminum and welded seams. It came with the hinge marked out and a hole drilled for a drop in handle. If I need more hatches done, I definitely won’t hesitate to go that route again. Might is mounted right under my feet at the bow and is much sturdier than the rest of the hatches in the boat.