Vinyl Flooring Options

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sixshootertexan said:
Well it rolls up easy so I guess it will do corners ok.

Are the "dots" raised up? Kinda looks like that when you're holding it in a roll. I have been considering this as an alternative to carpet. Can't wait to see some more pics. thanks!

bluegrasser said:
Are the "dots" raised up? Kinda looks like that when you're holding it in a roll. I have been considering this as an alternative to carpet. Can't wait to see some more pics. thanks!

Yes the dots are raised.

It looks awesome, So i am guessing that it will hold water and not allow it to seep into the wood? this question may have been answered earlier in this thread.

Yes a treble hook will penetrate. You do have to get a the hook at a steep either angle for it to grab it, just laying flat seems to just snag but not penetrate into it. Since my installation will be only on flat areas with no folded over edges I think I'll be good. If anyone has any doubts I would order a sample. It only took them 2 days to get me my sample.

Ok here's a video of a treble hook caught in the vinyl and a pic of it after I pulled the hook out. There is a few strands of the backing that pulled through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQlxEWbnVuo

Attachments

• Boat 045-1.jpg
    Boat 045-1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,077
A lot of manufacturers use a similar vinyl in their boat. War Eagle comes to mind right off the top of my head.

I haven't really heard of any problems with it other than fading and peeling. Most of the edges in a War Eagle have something on the order of a heavy automotive door trim over them.

It will be interesting to see how UV stable that stuff is. Hopefully it won't fade on you or become brittle too quickly.

Nice find.

Have you guys compared the price (including shipping) of installing vinyl as compared to having a spray liner put in it? The spray liner is probably more expensive but it would be more long term as well.

We have spray linered a couple boats and most of the biggest problems we have had is fading or changing color after sprayed. We did one that was a very light blue (like a baby blue) and once in the sun it changed to a sea foam green color. They spray liner kits are about $75-100 and would do about a 16' boat (inside floor and sides). But they are very durable and will last a long time. I still am going to stay with the skid no more. It is cheap and very durable and so far has not faded or cracked or anything. I don't cover my boat and it sits in the sun all day every day in the HOT Texas sun and I still have not had even one problem with it. I did add some white to it to lighten it up, but that was what I wanted, so it would be cool on my bare feet.

A real quick search turned this up. Can probably be found cheaper?

https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=4376&engine=adwords!6456&keyword=skid_no_more

I like the idea of this for deadening sounds in the boat. I wonder if it can be applied over Gluvit?

Decatur said:
A real quick search turned this up. Can probably be found cheaper?

https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=4376&engine=adwords!6456&keyword=skid_no_more

I like the idea of this for deadening sounds in the boat. I wonder if it can be applied over Gluvit?

It is just a latex paint with ground up rubber products. If latex will stick to Gluvit (which I think it will) then you should not have any problems.
0820091612.jpg
0820091613.jpg
Here it is applied to my boat.