Vinyl Flooring Options

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow may internet went down right after I posted the video and it just got repaired(2 days later). I think once it's glued down it will be even stronger and harder for a hook to get set in it.

I will offer an alternative to installing a vinyl floor. My issue is with carpet, so I posted a topic on www.pontoonforums.com to offer information to fellow boaters who feel the way I do, that carpet is not good for boats.

This post is about the process we used to replace carpet in our 20' pontoon boat with Kiwi Grip. The product is not cheap, about the cost to fill my truck fuel tank twice, per gallon.

I experimented with diluting Kiwigrip to reduce the aggressive grip and the results were great. Next I will paint it on my aluminum boat, on areas where one would slip when wet.

A season on the water will be needed to see how it holds up. Everything I read is that it is a long term finish. I used 1 1/2 gallon to coat 140 sq. ft. for a first coat. Second coat diluted 1:1 took about 1 quart.

Here is a link to my post: https://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11616