What fishing related item(s) have you purchased lately?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smokin deal on CL, Picked this NIB Shimano Trinidad 30a for $375
https://images.craigslist.org/3I23M83N95Ga5K25Had63f722d449f3451f77.jpg
Matched it with this New Shimano Trevala TVC66H jig rod. $100. Happy Father's Day to
ME! :D

Just won an auction on eBay for a NIB Lowrance HDS 5x. I have the HDS 5 ff/ chartplotter already, and look forward to networking the two. Should make a good combination for viewing both 83 and 200 kHz at the same time, one on each screen. :)

Driftmaster 18in. T-bar rod holder. Used my Cabelas point on these so they were nearly free :D

every time I go to the tackle store I pick up a pack or two of white/silver super flukes, offset shank hooks, pack or two of 4 inch tubes in pumpkin/green/purple and some wide gap hooks. I have more than I know what to do with but I cant go without buying some seeings I use them so much...

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=324181#p324181 said:
shawnfish » Today, 00:56[/url]"]every time I go to the tackle store I pick up a pack or two of white/silver super flukes, offset shank hooks, pack or two of 4 inch tubes in pumpkin/green/purple and some wide gap hooks. I have more than I know what to do with but I cant go without buying some seeings I use them so much...

Oh it's not just you - I've been buying up a pack or two of plastics and jig heads every time I swing past the tackle place too. Most haven't even been opened, but dang it I NEED that color...

:lol:

For the 97 ,a cover,spare prop,hubs (with bearings of course),wheels,tires,guide bunk carpet,plugs,spare tire holder.
Only bunk roller replacement next,likely going to add another at rear cross member.

picked up another :roll: fly reel.this ones an Amundsen,for my 6 weight.killed the bearings on the old one.oh,and an 8 foot slide in pop up truck camper.

pflueger president :)

its actually the second one, my wife already had one and we all liked it... I couldn't buy one sooner because we have a rule, the one who catches big fish gets an upgrade :mrgreen: we all started out with extremely cheap fishing gear, and are slowly working our way up

and yes my wife caught the most big fish :twisted: but im slowly catching up :mrgreen:

Uh...not my fault, it followed me home. :?

(OK, I'm told maybe it IS my fault, since I put it on the trailer. But really, it followed me home.) :roll:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=324664#p324664 said:
Kismet » Today, 10:03[/url]"]Uh...not my fault, it followed me home. :?

(OK, I'm told maybe it IS my fault, since I put it on the trailer. But really, it followed me home.) :roll:

Not seeing a problem for you - but I can imagine a lot of ducks that might be very nervous come fall with a rig like that.

For me -

3 colors of leadcore, and a new spool of 30# test PP. Found a reel that needed a purpose, and it's going to have one.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=319880#p319880 said:
Jonboat Jerry » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:57 pm[/url]"]Smokin deal on CL, Picked this NIB Shimano Trinidad 30a for $375
https://images.craigslist.org/3I23M83N95Ga5K25Had63f722d449f3451f77.jpg
Matched it with this New Shimano Trevala TVC66H jig rod. $100. Happy Father's Day to
ME! :D

Nice setup!

erm were to start got the boat will post pics soon when Im done with the paint work on it it fallowed Me home and a zebco Hawg Seeker Combo thought Id attempt My Hand at Catfishing that might go one or two ways always Bass Fished and the assorted stuff for that hooks and stink bait witch Im learning you dont open that up in an enclosed space to see if it acculy stinks.......

Got the motor I've been after for a year, a new to me, mid 80's Johnson 15Hp.

Marginal weight increase, but the transom's rated for an 18Hp Fast Twin which weighs more than this one (and I'm svelt enough). Can't wait to get out on the water with it!!

Mike -

Nice looking motor there, I didn't know they made them like that. Now you've got me thinking.... :-k

So I move to Alaska for a new job and one of the first things I do is go to a local fishing shop to get acquainted. A nice guy, who turns out to be the owner, walks over and we start a conversation about taking salmon and big 'bows on flies. He asks what I "intend to carry" I start to talk 7 wt. rods and he stops me. He was asking what firearm I would be packing! Long story short, I now know that 30,000 of of the 31,500 Grizzly Bears in North America are in Alaska and every one of them likes salmon. So recent fishing-related purchases include 4 cans of bear spray, a 10mm Glock and a couple of on-going shooting classes. Who would have guessed? The up side is that pistol shooting is a new hobby I really enjoy.

Got a pelican box to protect my valuables on the water , and a yeti cooler and I love em both great additions and hope to have them both forever.

Well I don't even know where I would begin that conversation. I guess if we're only talking the last month I would have to say a couple new Muskie Baits and a Beckman Net.