What fishing related item(s) have you purchased lately?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Word to the wise, don't keep all your receipts for your fishing stuff. I just sat down and added up over $30,000 in stuff from the last two years including 3 boats purchased since April of 2011. At least besides maybe a few minnows or crickets, I think I may finally be done for a while now. New rod and reels, depth finders, baits, carpet, pumps, outboards, trolling motors, batteries, and on and on, what have I not bought #-o

i figure you cant put a price on happiness,and fishing and camping make me happy.i know my bills are in the tens of thousands,but i don't care . right now i'm in the market for a new camper so i can do more weekend fishing getaways,and my better half is totally on board, pun intended :D

I got some cute little Soft Bait Turtles. They have Baby Crabs orderd for me too.
I bought the special weighted hooks for the Turtles.

I asked my son in Wasilla AK: "Do you want some Rubber Crabs for the Halibut?" :lol:
He said: "Its all White here dad, we wont be fishing for some time yet!" :roll:

Just for the itchiness of the cause, I might put some new line on my Bass and Crappie reels.

I'll tell you what I won't buy any more of.....

Shimano Rods. I've been a huge fan of Shimano rods for many years. Last year, they changed their handle design on ALL their rods and it's a piece of junk. Comfort level is good, but the glue they use to secure the handle to the rod doesn't last and you can lose your reels right off of them when the handle slips down the blank. YES.....I'm speaking from experience.

Next step.....I'm writing Shimano.

fender66 said:

Shimano Rods. I've been a huge fan of Shimano rods for many years. Last year, they changed their handle design on ALL their rods and it's a piece of junk. Comfort level is good, but the glue they use to secure the handle to the rod doesn't last and you can lose your reels right off of them when the handle slips down the blank. YES.....I'm speaking from experience.

That sucks! Hopefully they'll replace the reel and refund the rod!

vahunter said:
fender66 said:

That sucks! Hopefully they'll replace the reel and refund the rod!

Bass Pro refunded me the rod money, no questions. Shimano responded within 30 minutes and they are going to send me a curado. I'm impressed! They were very nice so far.

Awesome to see Shimano stand up and take some action. Hope the new rod works better!

On topic -

$40 worth of Salmo Hornets... #-o Seriously, I think I'm done with cranks this year. (of course I say that all the time, and I don't have a good collection of stick baits yet....) The new colors are pretty 8) though...

I recently respooled 2 baitcasters with Spiderwire ultimate Mono. I am not really impressed with it. I also bought a few colors of Gambler Big EZ and a few Gambler worms. Then noticed that I was getting low on lizards, and ended up buying a pack of regular Zoom worms and a pack of Yum saleemanders.

Next on the list is a new rod for my worm/lizard rig and some new line to replace this Spiderwire. I'm not even counting the boat. I still need to deck it, add a rod/gun locker, and get a bow mount trolling motor. :mrgreen:

Two new Shimano reels and two custom made 30# rods for inshore grouper fishing... untold dollars on my SeaArk rebirth and more to spend on who knows :shock:

New eye jigging rod, new reel, braid, about 30 jigs, 4 dozen minnows, swivels, leader, stinger hooks...

That was just Sunday.. #-o

Needed a new reel for my ultralight. Picked up a Tica cs500. Haven't tried it yet but it seems like a very nice reel. Very smooth.

Latest posts