What to attach seats with?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGibson

Reaction score
What do you suggest to attach seats with? I plan to attach two seats on swivels and a pedestal base between them. These will be going through plywood and the aluminum bench.

seatswivel_zpse003a7a3.jpg

pedestalbase_zpsceb126eb.jpg

I may be wrong, but I don't think the seat mount and base you have pictured will work together. That base takes a 3/4" pin type pedestal. The pedestal would then take a 3/4" pin type seat mount.

Not sure I'm reading this right but if I am, why do you want to put the swivel on a pedestal system? A pedestal system will swivel without the need of the separate swivel you have pictured. Whatever you end up doing, it would be best if you could install them with screw/nut, but if you can't get to the bottom side of the bench to install the nut then you'll have to resort to something like wood screws or rivnuts.

I'm putting two of the swivels in, one on each side of the bench and the pedestal mount between them.

seatdiagram_zps522ec811.jpg

I may be wrong but with the top picture the seats will be permanent. So will will end up with a pedestal seat between two permanently mounted swivel seats??? Seems crowded.

What you might want to do is mount the pin style in all locations. That way you could have two seats in the "riding" position, and then move one to the center with a removable extension for fishing.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318464#p318464 said:
MOE » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:31 am[/url]"]I may be wrong but with the top picture the seats will be permanent. So will will end up with a pedestal seat between two permanently mounted swivel seats??? Seems crowded.

What you might want to do is mount the pin style in all locations. That way you could have two seats in the "riding" position, and then move one to the center with a removable extension for fishing.

BINGO! Exactly what I was thinking

You Sir - HAVE A GREAT MIND!

This is what I did, since I don't need pedestal seats in my boat. Cost effective, durable and easy to remove the seats to free up fishing space and to store them.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26955&start=75#p318517

Latest posts