What's your confidence bait?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your confidence bait?

• Spinnerbait

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Lipless Crankbait

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Diving Crankbait

Votes: 26 17.9%
  • Jerkbaits

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Soft Plastic - Worms/Grubs

Votes: 67 46.2%
  • Soft Plastic - Creatures/Tubes

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • Jigs

Votes: 19 13.1%
  • Swimbaits - Hard body

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Swimbaits - Soft Body

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Topwater - Buzzbaits/Propeller

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Topwater - Frogs/Mice

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Live bait

Votes: 22 15.2%

• Total voters

one100grand

Reaction score
I'm just curious as to what exactly is your confidence bait. Mine tends to change depending on what's catching fish - so I'm letting everyone pick 2; one that's your current and one that's your all time. I've tried to be as comprehensive as possible, but if I left out a bait, please let me know so I can add it.

My #1 all time confidence bait is a Bill Lewis Original Rat-L Trap in the Chrome/Black color.
My current is the Kinami Flash Worm in the Chartreuse/Pumpkin color fished as a wacky worm. I've caught more bass in the past year on this than anything else.

99% of the time I only fish with three things so picking two was easy. I chose worms and jigs. I can always catch something one of those two. My third would be a spinnerbait. Caught my PB on one so they have a special place.

My number one pick for my favorite bait would be a weedless riged senko. Anywhere I fish a senko will always catch fish.

Mine used to be a zara pup, but last year I started using a black/blue fleck senko weedless weightless. Hammered the bass on a tiny pond I fish here.

Not traditionally a bass lure, but my confidence bait is any Mepps inline spinner. A #5 seems to be deadly in the lakes near me for any big fish.

It depends on the time of year, but I can always tie on a crank bait (lipless or shallow diving) and pull something out of the water. I have been lovin on jigs for the past 2 years and usually have one tied on. You can fish a jig so many ways, fish just can't resist them.
Now spinner baits I have trouble with. I have not caught too many fish with them. I think I am secretly happy I lost my last one a few weeks ago. They remain a mystery to me.

This is a great poll, it varies depending on time of year, but soft plastics will always be one of them. My confidence baits change with conditions too, but with that said I went with soft plastics and frogs. Jigs would be next on my list, they will catch fish no matter what time of the year it is.

I assume you are talking bass right?

:twisted: I picked jigs and lipless cranks. They usually get me fish under most conditions. Summertime, I would go with soft plastics though.

Attachments

• GiampietroPark004-4.jpg
    GiampietroPark004-4.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3,344
  • MaryElmerLake005-7.jpg
    MaryElmerLake005-7.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 3,344
I would have to go with a fire tiger black back, chaur belly and orange diving crankbait, always brought them in for me when nothing else seems to work

jkbirocz said:
This is a great poll, it varies depending on time of year, but soft plastics will always be one of them. My confidence baits change with conditions too, but with that said I went with soft plastics and frogs. Jigs would be next on my list, they will catch fish no matter what time of the year it is.

I assume you are talking bass right?

When I was originally writing it, that's what I originally had in mind-but I don't exclusively fish for bass, so I tried to include every bait I could think of that included baits targeting other species.

90% of the time I'm tossing a jig... the rest is really split between a crankbait (probably 7%) or some type of big 8-10" worm (the rest of the 3%)....

#1 Texas Rigged Senko
#2 Jig

Interesting how much higher the plastic worms rated over everything else! Not surprisng...

Latest posts