What's your confidence bait?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your confidence bait?

• Spinnerbait

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Lipless Crankbait

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Diving Crankbait

Votes: 26 17.9%
  • Jerkbaits

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Soft Plastic - Worms/Grubs

Votes: 67 46.2%
  • Soft Plastic - Creatures/Tubes

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • Jigs

Votes: 19 13.1%
  • Swimbaits - Hard body

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Swimbaits - Soft Body

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Topwater - Buzzbaits/Propeller

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Topwater - Frogs/Mice

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Live bait

Votes: 22 15.2%

• Total voters
sbm2240 said:
Interesting how much higher the plastic worms rated over everything else! Not surprisng...

The thing that I think is interesting and surprising is that diving crankbaits are #3.
I'd never expect so many people to pick topwater as their confidence bait too - everyone loves to catch fish on topwater, but I know if I had to catch one fish, it wouldn't be my first choice. I was really hoping to get a diversified response on this - I'd love to hear more from people about why they these are their confidence baits.

Snack Daddy Lures salty stik, or Alluring baits stick bait, wacky style. If you can't catch fish on a wacky worm, at least around here, you should stop fishing. :D

Second is a Swim jig. I tie my own skirts, and use 80lb super braid. Jigs are bare poor boys jig heads. Just doesn't pay to pour them for what I can buy them for.
Trailers are usually Paca Chunks, or Chigger Chunks (chiggers when I'm dropping into pockets and what not-no point using the expensive heavily scented trailers when just swimming them)

On a J/M Elite 7'6 MH rod with re-coil guides and a balancing weight on the end of the handle. Reel is a custom built Revo "mono block" with 7.1 Australian market gears, and a set of Boca bearings, and carbon handle.
:lol: It's my go to.

bearsphan3.14 said:
Zoom Super Fluke is deadly in the summer

What color do you like? I've only started fishing the Super Flukes and have decent success with white. I've been fishing them on a pseudo-carolina rig w/a 1/8 oz bullet weight and 30" leader so I can fish it on a jerk-drop retrieve and it doesn't ride up too high in the water on me.

one100grand said:
bearsphan3.14 said:
Zoom Super Fluke is deadly in the summer

What color do you like? I've only started fishing the Super Flukes and have decent success with white. I've been fishing them on a pseudo-carolina rig w/a 1/8 oz bullet weight and 30" leader so I can fish it on a jerk-drop retrieve and it doesn't ride up too high in the water on me.
I am partial to the pearl white. I fish them like a jerk bait and weightless.

we have so many spiecies to target up here,its hard to pick just 2.if im not flyfishing,id say black and silver kwikfish and red wedding band for trout. but thats just the tip of the iceberg.

bcbouy said:
we have so many spiecies to target up here,its hard to pick just 2.if im not flyfishing,id say black and silver kwikfish and red wedding band for trout. but thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Kwikfish is definitely my no. 1 confidence bait for salmon.

I miss trout fishing - every time I visit BPS, I see all of the inline spinners & spoons and a certain nostalgia overcomes me. Unfortunately, there just aren't trout nearby that aren't stocked.... stocked trout =/= fishing

My top two would be a lipless or senko fished every way possible but during the dead heat of summer slow rolling a crawfish imitation carolina rigged is the ticket for me!

Queencitybassman said:
My top two would be a lipless or senko fished every way possible but during the dead heat of summer slow rolling a crawfish imitation carolina rigged is the ticket for me!

do you mean a creature bait crawfish or something else?

If I am on the local rivers I am always throwing a jerkbait, either an X-rap on the hard side of things or a Zoom super fluke on the soft side. Backup lure is always a tube. If I go to a lake my rod always has a senko rigged wacky style on it.

I think a swimbait is a make it or break it type bait. Either you are going to catch them with it or you are just going to practice casting.

Square bill crank bait works for me. 8)

Attachments

• canistear 2011 6 (2).jpg
    canistear 2011 6 (2).jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 1,604
I gotta say that my two go to baits are a Zoom lizard in watermelon chart. and a Zoom super fluke, in just about any color, but baby bass is my all time fav.

Mine is a straight tail plastic worm like a trickworm and a hard swimbait. I am really torn between the hard and soft swimbait as number two though.

Latest posts