Wiring - Minn Kota C2 Endura 55 I'm stumped.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsEmPeel

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm mounting my motor on the back of my kayak and want to move the speed control switch and battery connection to the front of the boat. In doing this I want to put a plug on the motor and connector on my kayak so it is easily removable from the kayak. The problem I don't know what plug to use as I'm not understanding the wiring. The wiring diagrams online do NOT match this motor. They show 6 wires and I have 8.

on the diagrams all six wires connect to the switch. On my motor the battery leads run directly down the shaft (I guess to the motor). Then there are 6 more wires coming up the shaft connecting to the switch (two of which are power).

So... my question is... I've seen YouTube videos where a guy used a Aqual Signal 5 pin plug to connect to his boat and I saw a setup where a 7 way trailer connector was used... How in the world do you do this with 8 wires? Are some doubled up on a pin and then split after the plug?

I'm not an electrician, but usually can figure things out. I'm stumped on this.

PLEASE any help, suggestions you have would be truely appreciated.

Thanks a LOT!
Chris

8 wires I think I might use 2 of the flat 4 way trailer connectors taped or shrink wrapped together.

4waymalefem1.JPG

Yes, the two plugs would work, but I'm looking to use one watertight plug as I've seen over and over on all these motorized kayak setups. Many with the same motor I have. I just can't figure out how they do it...

Minn Kota Endura C2 55 Have a remote wired speed switch/control. I'm trying to do the same thing. Did you ever sort this out? I tried extending the switch wires about 6' with the same size wires as were run to the switch and remote mount switch. Out of the water it worked fine, I ran it about 30 minutes. In the water with load the switch overheated and toasted. High and low reverse speed only worked after a few minutes. Seemed like it should have worked but I apparently missed something. Any ideas?

Latest posts