Xpress 1546D Makeover... -- SOLD!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha... I'm mainly a plastics fisher... so not many treble hooks for me. Occasionally I'll do some deep divers, but more than less that comes in the late fall fishing style for me.

Thanks Quack - by the way.... thanks for the insight on the Thermacell a few weeks ago - it kept the skeeters from carrying me away the other night working on the boat... even though they don't bite me anymore since I got the anthrax vaccine - go figure

No problem. The thermacell is one of the very few things that I have ever bought that is worth every penny of what I thought was an excessive price.

stew6371 said:
hey russ what size motors on the rear and how fast gps?

sorry I'm just now responding...

The front motor is a 71#, and on the rear is 50# 42" and a 55# 36"... I honestly think the 50# pushes me faster though.

When all 3 motors are running and it's just me in the boat, I top out around 4.9-5.2mph just depending on the wind. When the water is still with no wind is when I get around 5.2.

If I've got a full cooler (150qt) and all my gear, it runs around 4.8 all day. When someone else is in the boat with me and all that other stuff, I still get about 4.6.

Merkywaters has got a Motorguide 82lb transom, and when he fishes with me we put it on there along with all the other motors, and with both of us in there I still get about 4.9-5mph. That's why I haven't bought a bigger motor and I'm just keeping the 2 50s on the back. $500 is not worth the extra .5mph...

I just bout a 20hp Johnson, but I haven't gone to get it yet so I won't be buying any more trolling motors.... the next thing I do will be converting an old gas motor to electric or buying a bigger electric motor years down the road.

As an update, I haven't done anything else to the boat. I'm still waiting (since may) for my Fishmate Pro livewell to come in.. Between FedEx losing the first and the floods they are having where they're located, I still haven't got it yet. All of my mods will occur this fall/winter I guess. And I'm glad I've fished it all summer because now I know how I need to set it up for it to work for tournament fishing.

Very nice Russ, You need to come wet some lines with me in my boat, then when i talk about them 30-40.00 batterys you will want to buy 12 or so... :) I bought 6 the other day.. When you decide to convert the gas to electric let me know, I plan to do the same, Maybe we can help one another out... I really want to convert one to 72 volt myself...

Terry Lee has converted at least one that i know of, He used a old game fisher... Russ we need to share some ideas on this, I am ready to go...

the project is still ongoing... just put on hold. I've been tied up with work and haven't been able to do much of anything.

AND... i'm still waiting for my Fishmatepro Livewell that I ordered back in June to get here... I can't do much without that. Well, I can - but I don't want to.

I'll make sure I keep all the progress in the forum... everytime I fish, I come up with something new, so I'm glad I've waited this long before doing any mods because I keep changing my mind

Yea I paid for it - and I've been talking to Danny (the owner) about it ever since I bought it. Raising hell wouldn't do me any good... I mean, I might get it faster, but it has really worked to my favor since I've changed the design 100 times in my head. He's got what I want, and you get what you pay for. He's adding extras to it that I didn't pay for... but it's ok. I was really hoping to have it before our season starts (which is in 3 weeks), but I'm in no hurry. It's too cold for me to work outside - I'd rather be fishing

ah i got ya, fed ex lost it the first time or something didnt they? yup 3 weeks, I am pretty certain i will be there as of right now..

FedEx lost it the first time... then they got flooded twice and had to scrap all the aluminum because of contaminates. I have to cry with him there- we all saw what havoc the floods can do here in GA

but come on out and fish man... we've got a few new people saying they are fishing

fishmatepro was supposed to cut me a check for the missing fish seperator on the 3rd. Something tells me I won't see it this week :roll:

By the way, I encourage raising hell. Look what it got me. The wrong size livewell, with (damaged) diamond plate I didnt want, and missing parts. Great job fishmatepro =D>

russ010 said:
i doubt fed ex lost it - he probably never sent it...

but come on out and fish man... we've got a few new people saying they are fishing

I plan on being there, Will go stay the night in ball ground to make it, Hey brine, you plan on doing any fishing, Your welcome in my boat if you wanna go to Latham...

Bugpac said:
I plan on being there, Will go stay the night in ball ground to make it, Hey brine, you plan on doing any fishing, Your welcome in my boat if you wanna go to Latham...

Sounds good to me. Lemme know when.