Xpress 1546D Makeover... -- SOLD!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok.. I've done a little - and sorry for not keeping up to day on it here. I've got half of a frame built out of Aluminum square and angle... that's easy to still get pics of. I also added the Hydro Mat to the front deck - wow what a difference (even if it's only from me standing on it in the garage).

I also got some good news yesterday... looks like I will actually be getting in my livewell either Friday or Monday!!!! It's been a long wait, but hey, who's keeping track?? [-o<

I'll start shooting some pics later tonight and try to get them posted. This is gonna be one helluva conversion. I'm also making it removable because I never sealed the flooring (and it's gonna need replacing) but I'm not in the mood to do that right now.

More to follow... I'll try to do everything right, but it's hard when you work all day and have fishing that HAS to be done on the weekend! (that might might get canned though... looks like we might be in line for some more snow)

Looking forward to the pics... I'm expecting a lot considering the amount of planning time you've put in :lol:

Hope the livewell shows up and is to your liking.. my fingers are crossed for you

January 30th season opener... :)

Man am I jealous. 10 inches of snow last night, another 10 comin tonight and 5 expected the next day....and to top it off, season opener is not until 3rd week in June...........

Ok... so here are the updates (is it really 12:30am??, I gotta start keeping an alarm clock down there).

Anyways, just some basic framing for now. I am still not done, I'm going to have a good many compartments on this part of the deck.

SDC10240.jpg

SDC10239.jpg

One for each battery which will open up towards the bow. Then in front of each battery there will be another. Here is where I'm going to keep my plano boxes. The lay out of the boxes is pretty much the direction the hatches will open. Hatches in front of the battery will open towards the sides of the boat. In the middle, I haven't quite decided if I'm going to do one or two compartments... most likely 2. I'm going to store my life jackets, tool kits, and all that jazz where the radio is. This is my new radio setup by the way - I now have Sirius satellite coverage for those long days :roll:

SDC10259.jpg

SDC10242.jpg

On the deck is the "B" grade Hydro Turf I bought months ago. This took one roll, and I still have another one left over. I'm going to carpet the deck that I'm framing. I put this stuff down with 3m spray adhesive and I don't care if I EVER use that crap again.

SDC10243.jpg

I also got a new trolling motor mount. The Gator Flex 360 is what was on there... and it's just not strong enough to handle that 71lb thrust motor. The new mount is the Tour Gator Spring - and holy smokes is all I have to say.

SDC10250.jpg

SDC10251.jpg

I decided to redo the old 2x10s I had as a temporary mount. Well... I'm still using it, but I did a little modding to it. I cut it down to fit the mount, then carpeted it. I also set if more towards the middle because I wanted to be able to keep 3 rods on each side of bow while fishing (kinda like the pros do, even though they have a helluva lot more room up there). I finally found my rod straps and put it on there too... If you look in the back of the pics, you'll see one of the Hella lights I have installed and the new Ram mount for the HDS unit. It took me forever to run all the wiring... the foam under that front deck is crazy.

SDC10246.jpg

SDC10248.jpg

SDC10249.jpg

SDC10245.jpg

SDC10255.jpg

SDC10258.jpg

SDC10262.jpg

I wanted to put in a recessed foot tray, but I can't... there are 2 4" braces running down the middle which is the support - so it's going to have to stay on top unless I can figure something out - I might come up with something yet.

Looking good! I'm really liking the idea of laying your tackle out as you build.. good way to make sure it all fits lol.

That TM mount is a beast! How much did that run you?

And the skeet combos are looking cocky as hell 8) .. very nice lol

I got that mount off ebay for $218 including shipping... definitely worth it too... this should stop all of the kick back I got out of the other unit - and I'm sure it cost me a little speed.

Those aren't all of my skeet rods... I've got 2 spinning rods with Abu Garcia Sorons on them. Wow is all I'm goin to say.

Lookin good Russ =D>

Tell me about the Hydro Turf. Why put it on top of carpet?

Looks like you must have got the garage cleaned out anyways :) Looking good, does the spring make for easy lift? I need to replace my mount, it is way way to long..

I'm not putting it on top of the carpet... I'm just going to carpet the part of the deck that I have to build.

And no... I didn't clean out the garage. Tiffany has gone to her sisters in Kentucky, so I put the boat on her side of the garage :lol: I still can't get a thing in on my side... I've got 2 base cabinets that I'm making into a center island (boat takes priority right now [-X ), Kodiak's crate takes up half of it too..

tonight I'm going to try and finish the framing, and maybe start cutting some of the deck. Like I said, I'm going to make it removable, so I have to make it user friendly. I really should replace that floor thats already in there, but I think I'll just wait til it rots.. it's still pretty strong right now

Would you recomend the hydro turf? I am still in debate over using it. I need something that would hold up to mild abuse and use.

I don't know if I can recommend it yet or not - I just put it down last night.

BUT - sitting up in the boat in the garage, I could tell a big difference with how it felt to stand on it. There is just a slight bit of cushioning, and it felt good. Now how well that spray adhesive holds up is another thing... I can only think of what the heat will do to it in this Georgia sun, but so far I like it. I'm fishing in it Saturday, so I'll let ya know more about it then.

As far as the B stock or regular stock they have - I looked all over it for pitting or any type of blemishes, and I couldn't find anything.

As I remember, I think the product gets labled as B stock when it does not come within the thickness tolerances that the company defines.

Curious to see how it holds up. I still can't talk myself into carpet.

my biggest like of this stuff is NO HOOKS IN CARPET!! but then again... I'm still going to put carpet down.

The only reason I don't want to use it on the wood is because of all of the exposed edges on the hatches. I would have to put some kind of rubber seal or something (I saw something like this in one of the High Voltage boats - it was orange and I think one of the Yarter boy's was in it)..

anyways, I work with carpet and staples a helluva lot better than that spray adhesive.

ok boys!!!! we have a tracking number for the livewell... only thing is, it's scheduled for Monday so no work this weekend - and I have drill next weekend, then our next tourney. Looks like I've got a lot of work to do and not enough time to do it in.

Track it with me!!
Tracking Number: 1Z6336504390016216

russ010,

I know it feels like Christmas time again now that you know it's on the way.

The mods are looking great.

Keep up the great work.

Latest posts