You are getting old

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richg99 said:
Ha....as a 17 year old, I made a few bucks doing exactly that. Taking tubes to the corner store, testing them, and replacing the bad ones. When I went big time, I bought my OWN tester!

And the worst thing you could hear was that your picture tube was a goner. That was the kiss of death. Haha.

We had one of those antenna masts on the roof. There was a dial on the top of the TV to reposition the antenna for best reception. We touched it at our peril. Then there was this whole VHF & UHF thing. I think we got mostly VHF channels.

New River Rat said:
Funny, paying for TV or ice or water.....what's next, oxygen?
They're already doing that, it's called Oxygen Bars.

LDUBS said:
richg99 said:
Ha....as a 17 year old, I made a few bucks doing exactly that. Taking tubes to the corner store, testing them, and replacing the bad ones. When I went big time, I bought my OWN tester!

And the worst thing you could hear was that your picture tube was a goner. That was the kiss of death. Haha.

We had one of those antenna masts on the roof. There was a dial on the top of the TV to reposition the antenna for best reception. We touched it at our peril. Then there was this whole VHF & UHF thing. I think we got mostly VHF channels.

My in laws, who live on a 40 acre farm with National Forest on three sides, still have one of those towers. I gotta say, it works really well.

Of course, they also have broadband that is just as fast as mine in the Maryland suburbs because some utility, for one reason or another, installed fiber optic service without charging installation fees. Not sure how that happened, but I’m glad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local tv has changed, years ago 3 channels. Now 28, always something worth watching. Went back to antenna, after retirement. Got rid of 100 dollar a month satellite pig.

Merthiolate. I hated that stuff and that glass dobber. Stung like crazy. We hid all cuts & scrapes because we knew the merthiolate would coming out. Then Bactine came along and it was a walk in the park.

LDUBS said:
Merthiolate. I hated that stuff and that glass dobber. Stung like crazy. We hid all cuts & scrapes because we knew the merthiolate would coming out. Then Bactine came along and it was a walk in the park.

We had Merthiolate and Mercurochrome. The Mercurochrome wasn't too bad. It didn't sting like the Merthiolate.

Here are some old print ads a friend recently sent to me. My favorite is Dr Dave's Truth Serum. It is 99.9% alcohol and among other things cures "guilt". LOL.

Attachments

• old 1.jpg
    old 1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,917
  • old 3.jpg
    old 3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,917
  • old 4.jpg
    old 4.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,917
  • old 5.jpg
    old 5.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,917
  • old 6.jpg
    old 6.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,917
  • old 7.jpg
    old 7.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,917
  • old 8.jpg
    old 8.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,917
  • old 9.jpg
    old 9.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,917
  • Old 11.jpg
    Old 11.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,917
  • old 10.jpg
    old 10.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,917
LDUBS said:
Here are some old print ads a friend recently sent to me. My favorite is Dr Dave's Truth Serum. It is 99.9% alcohol and among other things cures "guilt". LOL.

Those are great.

My, My, how times have changed. The asbestos ad was telling how great it was. A company I worked for at one time sent me to a training seminar telling us how bad it was. We were told that if we purchased brake pads, clutches or any other items like that for the vehicles the packaging had to say specifically "Asbestos Free" or we could not purchase that item.

I'm thinkin' I need to print up a few of those as posters for my man cave.

Roger

I just noticed that the Asthma Cigarettes are “not recommended for children under six.” That’s even better than the opium for “women’s discomfort.”

How many of you guys remember going to the post office to get Postage Due stamps?