1-7-09 TN Musky!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loggerhead Mike said:
what depth water where they hiding in? my buddy asked me to go with him to a local lake here (fontana) to try an catch some muskie, but i dont no squat about um. just tryin to get some tips :? fontana's a good size like with depths ranging past 800ft (the fish finder couldnt read past that), and is fed by a cold mtn river, thus it favors to have more muskie than some of the other lakes around here. all the old timers i talk too said they just tie up under the train tressels and drown a worm rite off the bottom (about 100ft ). we tryed that last summer, at the wrong time of day, and the wrong day (saturday - bass boats flyin by us every minute), so hopefully we'll have better luck this time. thanks

I would have no clue as to tell you where to start...haha. As the lake we caught these out of is fairly shallow, we caught these in less than 10ft of water. Best thing I could possibly suggest to ya is maybe try getting some deep running musky crankbaits and try trolling maybe.