14' Jon boat mod with my daughter

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamieM

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I am new to this forum and very new to modding boats. Me and my 19 year old daughter went in together on a great jon boat deal that we found. I am going to deck the front and back, add a few compartments, add carpeted flooring and sidewalls. Maybe add some running lights and a switch panel. I don't know anything about carpentry, decking or anything but I've been checking out everyone's videos and I'll never know if I can do it unless I just get to it. Gonna frame up deck with 2x4's and 1/2" plywood. Gonna treat it with water seal. Gonna use indoor/outdoor black and gray carpet from Lowes. If anyone has any suggestions or comments please let me know. Tomorrow I will add some pics of the project and will continue to add them right up til the time that we're done and on the lake catching fish. FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Man that is awesome to hear you and your daughter are taking this on together! That's what it is all about. Can't wait to follow your build.

Latest posts