14ft mirrocraft V-hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also got the Awesome rod holders from JonBoatFever!!!!

Thanks again man! Those things are perfect!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342811169.845089.jpg

Now onto wiring the trailer and removing the previous owners crappy idea for brake light brackets... How can you own a towing business and work with cars all day and not know how to weld............ Idiots these days!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342825908.350268.jpg

Previous owners poor excuse for a weld.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342825938.850657.jpg

Removed the brackets with pliers since the welds didn't even get penetration at all.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342826023.497044.jpg

Hit it with a grinder to remove rust

That's all I can do today they're spraying for Mosquitos at dusk through the entire county

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342907201.963736.jpg

Preparing to cut the transom this weekend, the motor is down for a few days until I can get the broken bolt drilled and easy out slowly. The broken bolt is right where my problem from co-pilot is coming from. So once I fix that and get the transom cut I'm going out for another top speed run.

The co-pilot is in need of some serious tedious work because of the bolt being busted off at the head I have to take the time to drill and use an easy out...

Another thing the previous owner failed to mention but it's ok I know what I'm doing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343003628.504928.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343003642.234918.jpg

The other side came out easy with some Silikroil
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343003656.618297.jpg

Buddychrist said:

Preparing to cut the transom this weekend, the motor is down for a few days until I can get the broken bolt drilled and easy out slowly. The broken bolt is right where my problem from co-pilot is coming from. So once I fix that and get the transom cut I'm going out for another top speed run.
Hey fool4fish gave me a good tip on what blade to use when you go to cut the transom. If you have not already cut it, I would go and buy a mason blade for your angle grinder....it cuts the aluminum like butter.

The Alcoa Aluminum Gutter Seal came in the mail today!!! I'll be posting before and after photos tomorrow on the hull's small pin holes.

Also a small tip if you do not want to fill your boat up with water and are ready to seal pinholes now you can wait until It gets dark and put a work light under the hull and look for little lights on the inside of the hull. Easier and less cleanup!!!

Here is the Alcoa Gutter seal!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343088250.377580.jpg

Because of my lower back injury from firefighting I have an extremely hard time sleeping so I figured since its already 5:00 and I'm already up why don't I go check my hull for that pinhole leak since I can't get on the ground underneath the hull to check for it I have to use a little ingenuity.

So I grabbed my mighty light and a pen along with the old brake light wiring and went to work

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343122063.046377.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1343122086.010807.jpg

I don't know if you can see the light on the bottom left of this picture but this is the infamous pinhole I have been unable to find, it too small for water to drip from on a water test but it is just big enough that when on plane it shoots a nice stream.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343122244.599193.jpg

The tiny light spot on the photo is the pinhole

I was unable to find it using the water trick but using my work light it was extremely noticeable to the naked eye, photos don't do it justice as to how well this worked.

I'll be posting the Alcoa Aluminum Gutter Seal patch later today after the sun has warmed up the hull

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343186681.660771.jpg

Tomorrow morning I will be working on tight weaving rope wrapping the handles on the sides of the seats, I will post a lot of photos of how to do it on here. Basically it gives you a comfortable grip that isn't just a piece of thin aluminum and it doesn't get hot in the sun.

Hey everyone today I started disassembling the outboard. I got the foot removed and the long bolts holding the transom mount are soaking for the night. Once I get the transom mount removed I will be taking it to my engineering buddy and he will remove the SS bolt with some high quality $80,000 equipment that I just don't have available for personal use.

While I am already in this far I am going to replace the impeller and a few bolts since im this deep

One thing I learned is to NEVER turn the shaft on the foot when it is removed. Once you do that you might as well go ahead and start calling a marine mechanic and opening up that wallet. Made that mistake with my 115 merc...

Still have another day or two to soak with WD-40

This stuff is crap compared to Silikroil but I don't have $30 for a new bottle and I just ran out so patience is key right now

Mix yourself up a 50/50 mixture of ATF and acetone. In tests it even out performs kroil. Deep Creep sold at auto parts stores is also pretty decent, not quite as good as kroil but a heck of a lot better than WD-40!!

Thanks man I will give it a shot when I get back from the beach tomorrow, gonna be doing a little surf fishing if there isn't a huge crowd

Got the motor completely torn down from the bottom of the power head all the way to the foot!

The foot is in great shape and needs no mechanic work. So it's being left alone.

The co-pilot is now removed, the bolt was drilled on my drill press now just to order a few $8 parts and it will be good to go! The impeller looks good but it's gonna be swapped since I'm already in there!

Then as I was working on the engine i noticed a bar completely out of place and unknown to my knowledge this 25hp merc has reverse!!! Looks like I'll be doing a tiller to remote conversion after all!!!!

Got a guy coming to pick up my two 750 Kawasaki engines and a 92 Kawasaki 750 SS Xi hull for $200!!!! That will cover my parts replacement and add on the remote kit, now I just need to go cheap and do a remote stick steer until I can afford the center console and a hot foot after removing the center seat and installing a flat floor

Working on a side project building a rocket wood burner out of a freon tank while I wait on the parts from boats.net to come in!

I'll post a few photos tomorrow on a new thread on How to make a rocket wood burner, my first one is gonna be small but the next one is going to be made out of 3/4" steel sitting in my shop.

bigwave said:
What the heck is a rocket wood burner? You gonna mount it on your boat. :lol:

it's a small stove for camping, portable and the reason they call it a rocket burner is that it's super efficient and only takes a handful of wood to boil water, cook eggs, etc...

This one is only a foot or so tall
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343937423.477117.jpg

I didn't get to start today, I need some more metal to get started

Latest posts