14ft mirrocraft V-hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason it's not letting me upload pictures on my tapatalk app...

Guess I'm gonna be trying tech support, working on deck designs now.

Just saw the update, hopefully it will be back up soon!

Quick question mirrocraft owners!

Is there any complications with removing the middle seat permanently? I just don't want to reduce the structural strength. Don't worry I will be adding extra foam to take up more than what will be removed in the process.

I have decided to make a flat deck from the rear seat all the way to the transom.

Gotta figure out what plywood I am going to use and the carpet plus some spar urethane. But I've got some plans drawn up for the rear frame and it should turn out nicely!

Then it will be on to the front deck where I've decided to do a top deck not for standing but for electronics and storage.

Still tinkering with the idea of removing the middle seat and cutting the center out of it and welding sides on it. That would give me a nice walking area without having to hurdle over the seats.

I am sure you will have some opinions on removing the seat. I took all of mine out. Yes they were there for side support and flotation, but I feel that when all my decks are secure to the framing and the side rod lockers are installed I will have a stronger hull. Before I started my boat the middle seat was already removed, so I naturally put a flat deck in it. I never had any issues with flexing or cracked ribs. I think that if you make sure to re-secure the strong ties where the seats are you will be fine. Once you have your deck secure you will have many points to attach vertical bracing that you can hide with side lockers. I will only use what I need to frame all decks and lockers...for my side lockers I plan to use 1/4" for the side wall and tops to reduce weight.....all framing will be aluminum. My casting decks and main deck will be 1/2" with the vertical walls for the storage compartments also 1/2" held in place with strips of plywood so I have attachment points.....I am going for 15% waste from all the cuts.....so far I have 1 and a half sheet and I figure it will take the same to finish the main deck and rear top casting deck. I have already stood on the front casting deck with the vertical supports dry-fitted and it feels very solid. the original owner had the same set up on the front deck......it is perfect for the way I like to fish. My rear deck will be the same level as front deck so I can pole up to fish on shallow grass flats. I say you set it up to suit your needs....I really like not having to step over a center seat. I see it this way.....it is a jon-boat....if your plan does not work then tear it apart and try again. In the end you will have a boat the way you want it :p I cant just rip into my 21 center console that would get expensive real quick......that is why I love my tinboat and all the cool people on this site....we all have our own idea's #-o

Yeah im never gonna rip into my 19' CC SeaPro

My wife would kill me! But I really wouldn't mind getting a tower put in, casting platforms, extra rod holders, new gps/Fishfinder.

But that's when I can find a job...

Ok I'm drawing up the floor plans, I'm gonna do the remote conversion and make it infront of the middle seat on a console. Probably from a bass boat since they have nice style and function.

Should I leave the floor around the console open or put a small divider in between the driver and passenger?

Also what side should I put the console on?

Buddychrist said:
Ok I'm drawing up the floor plans, I'm gonna do the remote conversion and make it infront of the middle seat on a console. Probably from a bass boat since they have nice style and function.

Should I leave the floor around the console open or put a small divider in between the driver and passenger?

Also what side should I put the console on?

Side console goes on the starboard side!!

Hey guys well I'm gonna be done with the boat for a pretty long time. I'm having a discography done on the 11th which is going to put me out of commission for a month and then I will be going to get everything ready for a discectomy and that's a year of physical therapy.

I don't want to sell the boat but I don't want to just let it sit in the yard either. We will see what happens when I get done with the discography...

Man I sure am sorry to hear about this, get yourself well....the boat can wait for your return. I hope all goes well with your back. Hopefully the pain will go away in your future.

Hey man, how ya healing up? Hope all is well on the home front...pm me sometime if you need anything I'll try to find out anything I can for ya!

Gators5220 said:
Hey man, how ya healing up? Hope all is well on the home front...pm me sometime if you need anything I'll try to find out anything I can for ya!

I'm healing up pretty good just trying to keep going, three weeks out of surgery and I've already busted a strap on my back brace. Yep I see myself going through quite a few of these things! I backed off the pain meds and got on same dose but stretched out from 4-6 hour to an 8-12 hour. Still on the same muscle relaxers though to keep my body relaxed and healing.

Kinda getting fed up with wearing a bone growth stimulator 4 hours everyday but I'm learning to deal with it by just doing it all at once and being done with it.

Thanks man I think I'm good for now, when I'm healed up I do need a fishing buddy!!!

Whenever you wanna go let me know, would be happy to take you, that's good to hear your pullin back on meds I myself hate to take any medications (though I'm in no where near the pain you are). I don't know much about spinal injuries but those bone stimulators are pretty cool deals, hope it helps you out.

Thanks man, when I'm healed up I will load up the boat and give you a shout!

Yeah the Bone Growth Stimulator is definitely a good deal, you don't really feel it but it is cutting my recovery in half so only 6.25 months to go and I will be ready to hook that illusive 16Lb lake Alto Bass!

Nice bud, well 6.25 months from now I might not still be in gainesville I have a good job offer in Tampa, but don't worry I will be back once a month atleast visiting and for gator games if u want to fish I will be by!

Hey everyone I'm sorry I haven't been on much I had the surgery in November and I'm still recovering.

Also the Mirrocraft is for sale =(

I want to keep it but I just can't handle the side to side motion of a Smaller boat. My 19' SeaPro is going to be my main fisher for the foreseeable future but don't worry I will own a tin one day again.

I got the carb fixed up I'm still missing one little piece to the choke setup but probably by the time I get it shipped someone else will own the boat. I posted it up for $2k or best offer so idk what I will end up getting for it.

Just got offered $400 for just the hull.

Not bad

Latest posts