1969 Mirro Craft 14' V-Hull INFO PLEASE!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUT172

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Eli. I have a 1969 14' Mirro Craft V Hull. I want to deck it out after seeing this site. I never done this before, so i have a couple questions. Should I mount the deck the same height as the factory bench seats or can i go higher? The boat is 48" wide. Also there's these weird brackets that hold the seats, should I remove them or build around them? I've included some pics to show you the brackets. Any info would be appreciated.DSCF2098.JPGDSCF2099.JPGDSCF2100.JPGDSCF2101.JPG

I wouldnt go any higher than the bench seats on your boat. I have a 1972 mirrocraft 14 ft. but it is 60 inches wide. I decked to the bench level and they are good. I would also leave those brackets in, they actually help support the side walls. good luck

Welcome to the site. I have a boat that is almost the same as yours. I agree that I would no build the deck any higher than the original benches. As far as the seat brackets, when I did my build I actually tied these back into the floor I made to keep the whole hull nice and tight. Here's a link to the mods on my boat. Still not done, but getting close.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10228

Latest posts