1972 Lund 14' Finishing Up...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thyezer

Reaction score
Well I recently got to the "usable" stage of my modifications... Now I need to Paint it (What works best?)...
I added a Motorguide 75 Wireless trolling motor (24 volt) and haven't even had to start the motor as it powers this so well :)
In the meantime, I have been using it and loving it!
3/4" ply floor, 2x4 crossbeams with a 2x6 center support running the length of the floor.
Here are some pics...

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 2,608
  • #2.JPG
    #2.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 2,608
  • #3.JPG
    #3.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 2,615
  • #4.JPG
    #4.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,619
  • #5.JPG
    #5.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 2,617
  • #6.JPG
    #6.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 2,619
  • #7.JPG
    #7.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 2,619
  • #8.JPG
    #8.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 2,621
  • #9.JPG
    #9.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 2,622
  • #10.JPG
    #10.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 2,622
  • #11.JPG
    #11.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 2,626
  • #12.JPG
    #12.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 2,629
holy crap, the interior work on that boat is amazing. the fit and finish looks very tight. i like the color of the carpet.

Jim said:
Welcome aboard!

Nice job on the boat! I like the open floor plan. How do you like the front seat next to the deck?

Thanks for the welcome.

I actually like the seat mounted there. I gives so much more room on the front deck on for such a little boat. I generally stand when fishing and the placement still allows me to sit when needed and cast without bothering my partner behind me. With the seat raised to it's highest, it hits me high enough to lean against it, but I generally don't use it for that.

thyezer said:
Jim said:
Welcome aboard!

Nice job on the boat! I like the open floor plan. How do you like the front seat next to the deck?

Thanks for the welcome.

I actually like the seat mounted there. I gives so much more room on the front deck on for such a little boat. I generally stand when fishing and the placement still allows me to sit when needed and cast without bothering my partner behind me. With the seat raised to it's highest, it hits me high enough to lean against it, but I generally don't use it for that.

The reason I ask, Is because sometimes I would of liked the seat to be out of the way like that, and still have a lean post if needed. Good call!

heavy-chevy said:
holy crap, the interior work on that boat is amazing. the fit and finish looks very tight. i like the color of the carpet.
:) there is a reason the pics are taken from 20 ft away :) j/k... For a first time remodel...it turned out well... I learned a few things afterwards :roll: (mainly ALWAYS give yourself extra length for the carpet). Most of the carpet is rolled under, but where it met the aluminum, when I rolled it over, it left a stripe of carpet backer to see....all of the other edges in the boat were router'd to have rounded edges so you couldn't see the black carpet backer as it rolled over the edge. I should have added a strip of plywood under the aluminum edges (OLD seat boxes) and router'd them so the carpet would roll perfectly. But...you can't even see the difference unless you are the one who made it (I keep telling myself that)!

Thanks again to all who commented....It feels good when others acknowledge how much work you put into something like this. Still has to be painted on the outside....I just keep fishing and now I can't find the time to do it ;)

thyezer said:
Thanks again to all who commented....It feels good when others acknowledge how much work you put into something like this. Still has to be painted on the outside....I just keep fishing and now I can't find the time to do it ;)

:beer:

Save the paint for the fall! :D

Thanks guys... I am sure there will be a minute or two where I can't go fishing ;) Hopefully then, I will paint and put decals on... I will post pictures if that time comes ...or when it comes :)