1980 16 ft crestliner

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monriverguy

Reaction score
Hello to all out there in tin boat world,

well i just picked up another boat (my 3 rd one) and this girl is going to be a real challenge for me . It has been sitting for at least 7 years and was full of rot. I drug her home ok and tore out what was left of the wood floors and side walls and am now to to the sprayed in foam. My question is what it the best way to remove this. it seems to be stuck good to the hull but it needs to come out as it is rotten and water logged ? here are a few pics and i have many more questions but need to start here.

Thanks to all

Attachments

• P7240230.JPG
    P7240230.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,133
  • P7240231.JPG
    P7240231.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,133
  • P7260244.JPG
    P7260244.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,133
I had good results with a couple of plastic putty knives on my friends boat. We decided to stick with plastic tool to prevent gorilla hands from putting a screwdriver through the bottom of his rig. Cut, pry, sweep, vacuum, repeat.

Thats what i was kinda thinking too, dont want to punch a hole in her, this is going to be a real challenge for me and i sure am glad i got all you to help me through this. i will post more pics as i proceed .

Latest posts