1985 Honda B100S CDI

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muskiehog

Reaction score
I have a Honda B100S CDI with a bad CDI switch. Part number on the top of it is CI 10A and it has 7 wires coming out of it. I hear that it is no longer manufactured so my question is Do I parts this motor out on eBay or is there a parts house out there that may have this discontinued part?

I would hope that someone makes a switch that is similar, what you might do, as i am not sure what a cdi is, tke the switch and if possible a wiring diagram with any voltage amp info to a electronic supply house and see if they have anything like what you have. i would also see if a "box" built by you that would allow you to set the wiring to a different switch...I had to build some assemblys for my fuel pumps after a power surge, no one had the parts so i matched up the pieces i needed and built my own fuse resistors parts...

The CDI is an electronic ignition system replacement for the old points system.

muskiehog said:
The CDI is an electronic ignition system replacement for the old points system.
8) cool that means the switch should be a simple power continuation circuit so with the wiring diagram you should be able to wire a simple switch....

Latest posts