1988 Evenrude - broke the lower?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Understood, thanks.
So i need an 8' pitch? standard counter or both rotation?

edit: i clicked both and only standard displayed. .

There are 5-11 pitch. why would i not want an 8 or 7? you said on the other post that i will never get it to wind out if i go hire, which i assume would be the 11.

I just want to understand a little better. If i go to a 7 or 8, will i have more torque but not high speed or the opposite? i am not looking for a speed demon but i wish sometimes it was a little faster. i am thinking with a hydrofoil and 7 or 8 i may get what i want if my brain is on track with the way things work. my luck i am wrong on all of this.

just got off the phone with iBoat Chat. Basically i just learned a lot about pitch and i am still left with asking you guys for a little more help.

they suggested 11 pitch for faster speed but will take away the time to get there. with adding a dolphin tale, it would help me get on plane faster and stay on plane at lower speeds. is this correct?

if so, i am wanting to make sure my RPM range is 5000-6000 and stay in within a good set of numbers. i have no idea what my current RPM is, especially now that i spun the hub. i have a tiller and no rpm gauge.

what do you suggest?

I would think that a 9 or 10 pitch would be correct for your 12 foot boat. Can you find out what you have on it now? Since you like the current performance you have you might want to go with the same pitch. Usually a dolefin is used when a boat is underpowered, takes a long time to plane out or you have a problem porpoising. I run a 9 pitch 3 blade and a 8 pitch 4 blade on my 9.9 Evinrude. I have a 14' boat that weighs around 650# fully loaded. I would not go lower than a 9 pitch with your motor.

i have a 9..

Please read this older post. you posted there..

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32242

i am waiting on your opinion to place the order. i have everything ready to go and order.

Latest posts