2009 Tinboats.Net Roadtrip/Rally ---DALE HOLLOW---

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha yea, gotta check the laws down there though, up here they arent as strict as some of them southern states from what ive seen atleast. I can carry anywhere in ohio no matter what since im law enforcement, not sure how it is out of state though

Do have a ccw as well though so should be covered either way.

better to ask forgiveness than permission :p

I been carrying in TN for over 30 years (2-5 times a year for vacation/visits to my in-laws) only had to pull it 2 times...

BTW what's a CCW?

We don't have those in Illinois - we're still one of the states that don't allow for concealed weapons except for law enforcement. Private citizens can't carry.

You can check online for what states exempt police officers from concealed carry laws - either off or on duty - when traveling to another state. They've changed over the years and more states now allow for concealed carry by non-resident law enforcement. Since I retired a few months ago, after 30 years on the job, I am now covered under Federal statutes that allow retired cops (certain requirements must be met) to carry anywhere in the U.S. :wink:

I just need to know who all has CCW, that way I know who to stay close to if we happen to get attacked by some bear trying to steal a meal from the live well.... LOL

I hate winter, but October can't get here fast enough... LOL

FishingCop said:
flounderhead59 said:
Well, there won't be a gun in my boat, unless you count the pencil flaregun.

Unless you take me for a ride :p :p

The last time you were in my boat with a knife, my fishing line got cut somehow and my bass got away. Wonder what would happen to my fish if you had a gun? :shock:

flounderhead59 said:
FishingCop said:
flounderhead59 said:
Well, there won't be a gun in my boat, unless you count the pencil flaregun.

Unless you take me for a ride :p :p

The last time you were in my boat with a knife, my fishing line got cut somehow and my bass got away. Wonder what would happen to my fish if you had a gun? :shock:

I don't see any pictures of your "unfounded" allegations?? Can you prove I cut loose your "huge" bass?????? Can you even prove that I had a knife in your boat????

If the Capt. were my attorney, I'm sure he would want some evidence of your allegations or threaten you with a libel suit for making a public assertion that you have no evidence to support.

Now, as far as the gun, you certainly should wonder :p :p :p (maybe we would be eating it instead of it getting off your hook?? :lol:

I counted 14 members (in the first post of this thread) that are confirmed. Not sure about # of guests accompanying them. So far I do have my wife agreeing to make at least a big pot of her chili for us. It would be nice to have a count (still early and plenty of time) of attendees so we can bring enough ingredients to make a big enough pot of the steamy goodness.

I should be going with Russ. If his military duty doesn't allow him to go, I will very likely buy his room from him, and will either go solo, or my dad will come along. Can't wait to meet all y'all there.

i've not researved a room or anything but I will definately be there. im probably just going to camp since i only have a 3 hour drive door to door to get there, and i will have my gf with me, and a friend from nashville coming down to fish, so in all that will make 3. need some deer meat for that chilli? i hope yall make it spicy :mrgreen:

Well, if all works out - I should be able to make it. I think I'm going to get the unit transfer I was looking for - so as long as I'm not deployed I should be there. I know I don't have drill that weekend.

Latest posts