Tinboats Tournament June 25th-RESULTS post #219 (pg15)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a great time had by all. Just wondering, did anyone fish the rivers, or were they placed off-limits? I was watching a TV show, Time On The Water Outdoors, and the host was fishing one of the rivers after launching in the main lake. He had to go through a lock or something to get to it, but he had several nice fish on what looked to be a warm summer day.

Anyway, I've got some lures for the participents, and a special one that I'm painting up for the winners! I'll PM everyone this week and get some mailing addresses...

Too bad I couldn't make it, but I was looking up Lake Sangchris for maybe a get together later this year????

Matt

I am going to get my revenge on that lake this thursday. Had my "hotspots" figured out last week I thought then tried them again saturday and nothing. :( oh well had a good time anyway. Will try again next year hopefully. Thanks again for the new lures.

Nothing was off limits... Except the fresh fish market I was tempted to visit. Team Popeye boated 1 small (10") Walleye. We saw someone boat and photograph a decent sized Muskie. We asked after they were done how big it was and were told 46". Maybe with the prowling Muskies all the other fish were hiding. I had good intel about Blue Gills on Lake Monona and for some stupid reason, neglected to even head up there.

I have a picture of the Muskie on my camera and will post it when I get a chance.

Hows the fishing in Lake Sangchris? I see they only allow 3 bass, and only one of those can be over 15". For crappie, they have to be over 10" and a 10 fish limit. Not that it matters, 3 fish with only one big one won this year and it only took 5 panfish to win. Are there lakeside camping spots where you can pull your boat to your campsite?

Also, what weekend are we thinking?

Hey everyone, just wanted to say a big thanks especially to wasilvers for organizing the tournament and finding sponsors was very cool. Especially since they hooked us up with the free lures. Maybe next year we can get ranger and have them give us all new boats?? We had a lot of fun and definitely looking forward to next year. Hopefully we'll have enough to actually have a fish fry!

BYOB Fishing said:
Looks like a great time had by all. Just wondering, did anyone fish the rivers, or were they placed off-limits? I was watching a TV show, Time On The Water Outdoors, and the host was fishing one of the rivers after launching in the main lake. He had to go through a lock or something to get to it, but he had several nice fish on what looked to be a warm summer day.

Anyway, I've got some lures for the participents, and a special one that I'm painting up for the winners! I'll PM everyone this week and get some mailing addresses...

Too bad I couldn't make it, but I was looking up Lake Sangchris for maybe a get together later this year????

Matt

Yes, I fished the Yarhara River to Lower Mud Lake and the northern end of Lower Mud Lake. Actually our hotspot Friday night was between the island, boat ramp, and dam between Lake Waubesa and the Yahara River. There were a bunch of people fishing the dam, one guy was going after Smallies in the Lock, he could see them, but couldn't catch them. One older gentlemen has been fishing the dam for 3 years now, has yet to catch a fish, but he keeps coming, time away fromt eh misses according to him. We did find the WDNR boat, nice boat. Father and son were fishing under it. As for the Yahara river, shallow, like 2'-3' deep, full of prop trails through the weeds.

Back side of highway 51 over the dam was full of some sort of small bird, swallows?. Pictures below.

Attachments

• TinBoats 2011-6-25 008.JPG
    TinBoats 2011-6-25 008.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 595
  • TinBoats 2011-6-25 009.JPG
    TinBoats 2011-6-25 009.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 595
  • TinBoats 2011-6-25 009 (2).jpg
    TinBoats 2011-6-25 009 (2).jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 595
Here's that muskie picture.

muskie.jpg

I have to make this trip next year. If for no other reason, I can show you all how to catch fish. :LOL2:

Sounds like a great time and I'm very sad I wasn't able to attend.

I posted on lakelink asking about the results for the other tourney that day (45 boats) - this was the response -

"It took 17 to win, big bass was just under 4lbs, 12lbs to get a check. Lots of boats with less than a limit. I think it was the worst tournament I've seen in madison for both size of fish and numbers of fish. Not sure what happened between friday and the weekend but something sure changed to put the fish in a negative mood. "

So it wasn't just us, just a bad day for fishing. :?

wasilvers said:
I posted on lakelink asking about the results for the other tourney that day (45 boats) - this was the response -

"It took 17 to win, big bass was just under 4lbs, 12lbs to get a check. Lots of boats with less than a limit. I think it was the worst tournament I've seen in madison for both size of fish and numbers of fish. Not sure what happened between friday and the weekend but something sure changed to put the fish in a negative mood. "

That's really a tough day. I'd blame it on Popeye! :LOL2:

fender66 said:
wasilvers said:

That's really a tough day. I'd blame it on Popeye! :LOL2:

I don't do well fishing in Wiscoland unless there are cows milling about.

normal_DSCN0004~1.jpg

Man, I'm bummed I couldn't make it but these last few weeks have been like the perfect storm of responsibilities. But really, way to go you guys!

On a plus note, I did get a chance to scrape together a few hours a few days ago to at least cut some lumber for my boat mod. I'll have pictures up in the appropriate forum soon. :D

Went back and got a little payback on waubesa today. 1 largemouth 15in. 4 nice gills. gonna try another spot tomorow that looked promising today but ran out of time. Who was it that fished by the sherrifs boat ? Did you go back far enough to see batmans boat ? If I could post pics with my phone I would.

****, I missed Batman's boat!
****, ****, ****...

was it really weedy and full of algi still?

you catch anything back in there?