Tinboats Tournament June 25th-RESULTS post #219 (pg15)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trophybass13 said:
Unfortunatly I will not be able to go. I got the trailer taken apart this week, and the entire axle, and bearings are shot. I need a whole new axle, and hardware. the bolts are so old and rusted that there are no threads left for the nuts to grab onto. i'm suprised that the bearings have not seized with the condition they are in. So i have to confirm my absence to the tourney this year. my hopes are that everybody else has a great time, and i expect LOTS of pictures of all the action. best of luck to all of you, trophybass.

Harbor Freight! I beleive they have axles.

We'll miss you for the tourney. If you can get it going or beg/borrow another boat, you're wecome to come!

There is still time to get in for next saturday!

I sent pm's to all the entrants, if you didn't get one, please let me know! Can't wait, the bit should be on next week!

I see:

Friday - 72/56 Mostly Sunny
Saturday - 75/62 Showers
Sunday - 75/59 Showers

Personally, I don't like fishing in the rain. Hope it clears up.

Na, I'm referring to the thunderstorms rolling through this week followed by a cold front. That ought to make them fish go nuts and hit everything thrown thier way. The little rain on Saturday means cloud cover. It's going to be a great weekend.

I made a new winch post today, primer coat is drying now.

Now Weather.com is saying for Madison:

Fri - Partly cloudy 72/55
Sat - Mostly sunny 76/55
Sun - Partly cloudy 76/58

Also bought a bag of the frozen crinkle cut fries.

Noaa weather forecast dicussion... They arent sure yet...

. long term ... friday through monday ... forecast confidence medium.

cyclonic flow around departing upper low lingers across the area
friday ... which combined with steep low level lapse rates results
in continued chances for rain showers. upper level ridge then
shifts toward and across the region over the upcoming weekend into
early next week. gfs/ecmwf have drier look for saturday night and
sunday with passing vorticity maximum than past runs. kept low end
pops for continuity with other offices for now ... but could see
this period dry in future forecasts. these models then diverge
with solutions for later monday and beyond. more seasonable
temperatures are expected ... with cooler temperatures with lake
breezes during the afternoon periods.

In my work email today was a comment from a client of mine..
"If you are ever interested, I heard from a good friend that Lake Waubesa (not sure if that is the spelling) right outside Madison, has great big bluegill...the size of a mans hand...they are just huge, I saw them - amazing. I will have to try and go myself!"

How funny, they had no clue that I was going there this weekend, and there are probably 100 lakes between here and there that they could have mentioned. This among other comments from fishermen make me believe we picked the right lake for the get together :D

Not quite sure what to make of the responses, but only 3 of us confirmed for the tourney, 2 have said they probably can't make it, 0 of the maybes are in, and the rest haven't responded??? Did this month just get busy or ? If there really is only 3 of us, it will be much easier for me to win! :LOL2: (might not even have to cheat!) :lol:

I've already paid, there is a $10.00 non refundable charage and I'm almost as frugal as Ahab, so I'll be there come hell or high water. Besides, even if we can't/don't fish, we're gonna be camping.

Popeye said:
I've already paid, there is a $10.00 non refundable charage and I'm almost as frugal as Ahab, so I'll be there come hell or high water. Besides, even if we can't/don't fish, we're gonna be camping.

Same here, We're going regardless. It will be our first camping trip of the year - Cant Wait!

x3

It'll be my first and last camping trip this year. I have shoulder surgery the following Friday. That'll pretty much end my summer.

Yeah, I'm one of the ones that had to drop out...Just too busy to get away right now. I kept my Friday vacation day from work just to try and get caught up around the house. I think we should try to do something in the fall as well, it seems like that's a little more stable time for me at least.

Whoever wins, you'll have to PM me your address so I can send you a prize.

Thanks,

Matt

BTW Matt, I won. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This fall/early winter I want to go fish one of the powerplant lakes you guys have in IL. Be nice to still be catching bass with frost on the ground! It will also be my best chance to catch an 8 lb bass without going too far south. I haven't found one with camping attached, so it will probably be a hotel/cabin trip.

Wasilvers. I will be there but my computer crapped out to reply to your pm. Using my phone for internet kinda sucks. Not staying for fish fry. Am skipping a wedding for fishing and gotta go to reception. See ya there.

wasilvers said:
BTW Matt, I won. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This fall/early winter I want to go fish one of the powerplant lakes you guys have in IL. Be nice to still be catching bass with frost on the ground! It will also be my best chance to catch an 8 lb bass without going too far south. I haven't found one with camping attached, so it will probably be a hotel/cabin trip.

Clinton Lake, just south of Bloomington.

Hanr3 said:
wasilvers said:

Clinton Lake, just south of Bloomington.

Is there camping on the lake?

I was thinking Newton based on a few of John Gillespie's shows - look at these bass!
[youtube]zdtzkIOsW4I[/youtube]