Tinboats Tournament June 25th-RESULTS post #219 (pg15)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popeye said:
Hanr3 said:
I have site #28 reserved.

Who's up for a meet and greet Friday night?

I'm figuring on getting up there between 1:00 and 2:00pm. Plenty of time to set up camp (takes about an hour). Not sure if we're gonna go out in the boat that afternoon or not. Other than that, a meet and greet sounds good to me.

Sounds about like my plan, except I know Im going out in the boat to pre-fish. Hopefully catch somethng for dinner too. I hate to drink on an empty stomach. :mrgreen:

Hanr3 said:
Popeye said:
Hanr3 said:
I have site #28 reserved.

Who's up for a meet and greet Friday night?

I'm figuring on getting up there between 1:00 and 2:00pm. Plenty of time to set up camp (takes about an hour). Not sure if we're gonna go out in the boat that afternoon or not. Other than that, a meet and greet sounds good to me.

Sounds about like my plan, except I know Im going out in the boat to pre-fish. Hopefully catch somethng for dinner too. I hate to drink on an empty stomach. :mrgreen:
I drink before dinner because I hate to eat on an empty stomach

Still unsure if i will be able to make it up there for the tourney or not. i'm pretty much done with my mods. i have a couple of paint touchups to do, but thats no big deal. the only problem i'm having is I'm really going to try to have the trailer done by tourney time. the trailer right now is a total disaster. it needs a completely new bunk system, new tires, the bearings need to be regreased, and i was planning on making a set of PVC guideons. But we are only 3 short weeks away from the tourney, and i don't know if I can get the all the work done to the trailer in time.
so just updating that i'm still interested.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17916

B u i l d Faster!!!! :mrgreen:

I want to replace the winch post and winch on my trailer, plus pull my bearings, clean, and repack them before the tournament. I'd really like to replace the trailer lights with LEDs too. However, I'm not sure those are in the budget.

I, being one that believes that one can not prepare too much, have ordered a paper Hot Spots map of Lake Waubesa which I will gladly allow people to peruse both before we fish (for planning purposes) and afterwards (for marking found productive spots).

I've been keeping a low profile on this page - biding my time learning where the fish are in Milwaukee. They should be about the same in Madison. The largies are just now spawning by me and the smallies are wrapping their spawn up. Bluegills are in the shallows by the hundreds, saw some big ones chasing flies on the water.

Also, there is still time for you to order some baits from one of the tinboats sponsors. If you rembember from the rules, if you catch the big bass on a sponsor's lure, the big bass pot will be DOUBLED! 8)

Can't wait for the tourney to get here!

I've been talking to a guy that's been fishing the Madison Chain and he's been giving me all kinds of reports about LM Bass and what he's been using, where and when. My problem is that I don't have a scum frog, any kind of Carolina rig, or Shakey head thingy in my arsenal. Plus, if I did, I would probably hurt myself with them anyhow.

Popeye said:
I, being one that believes that one can not prepare too much, have ordered a paper Hot Spots map of Lake Waubesa which I will gladly allow people to peruse both before we fish (for planning purposes) and afterwards (for marking found productive spots).

Awesome. Please bring it to the Meet n Greet Friday night. Saturday night during the fish fry I'll gladly mark where I caught all the winning fish. :mrgreen:

Hanr3 said:
Awesome. Please bring it to the Meet n Greet Friday night. Saturday night during the fish fry I'll gladly mark where I caught all the winning fish. :mrgreen:

At the picnic table as I tossed them to you doesn't count. :mrgreen:

Popeye said:
I've been talking to a guy that's been fishing the Madison Chain and he's been giving me all kinds of reports about LM Bass and what he's been using, where and when. My problem is that I don't have a scum frog, any kind of Carolina rig, or Shakey head thingy in my arsenal. Plus, if I did, I would probably hurt myself with them anyhow.

Scum frogs are Awesome! I tried carolina rigging and lizards on shaky heads, but they wouldnt touch them. By the time we get there, scum frogs, stick baits and c rigging should work to cover from shallow to deep. :)

Looks like we really have a monopoly on that corner!

It's my birthday Friday and every year I take off and fish a new lake - I'm 90% sure I'm going to fish here on Friday. The weather should be 70 and sunny (we'll see), so I hope to limit on crappie and maybe find a bass or two. Saturday is the fish fry! :D

I'll give a report here so you guys can pack your tackle bags accordingly :roll:

Will

Happy B-Day Will.

I'll bring the stuff to deep fry the fish, including the oil and batter.

Anybody want to bring potatoes, bread, vegtable, dessert, paper plates, paper towels?

Happy B-Day Will.

I'll bring the stuff to deep fry the fish, including the oil and batter.

Anybody want to bring potatoes, bread, vegtable, dessert, paper plates, paper towels?

Anybody have peanut allergies?

Just received a nice large package from "Get 5 Lures" of giveawayes for the tourney. There is stuff in here that you guys will LOVE! I know I do, it's just begging me to test some of it out this weekend - but I must resist. They even sent some never before seen colors for field testing that you can report back to them with results. Gotta love the tinboats sponsors!

Hanr3, I'll let some other guys jump in with anything they want to bring for the fish fry, then I can play cleanup with the list. :)

How many we feedin'? 9 Members confirmed, but how many dependents? It'll be my wife and I for us.

Potatoes? Frozen cut up ones or a sack of whole real ones?

2 for me- My oldest son and myself.

What ever you decide?

IF your bringing food, please make sure you bring the accompying tools, materials, spices, to prepare and cook it. Basically your responsible for preparing and cooking it. IF you just want to bring the food, let me know. I'll bring the gear to prepare and cook it.

Not sure what everyone's camping experience level is, however if you need gear or help, let me know. I've been camping for a long-long time. Been teaching adults/youth how to camp for a couple decades now. Seen and made just about every mistake thier is.

An option for the potatoes- we can cut them into American fries and cook them in the same oil as the fish.
Option for vegtables- cut the lid 2/3rds off the can and put the can next to the campfire. Use the lid as a handle.

Unfortunatly I will not be able to go. I got the trailer taken apart this week, and the entire axle, and bearings are shot. I need a whole new axle, and hardware. the bolts are so old and rusted that there are no threads left for the nuts to grab onto. i'm suprised that the bearings have not seized with the condition they are in. So i have to confirm my absence to the tourney this year. my hopes are that everybody else has a great time, and i expect LOTS of pictures of all the action. best of luck to all of you, trophybass.