Alweld 1242VV

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K F4CTOR

Reaction score
I’m looking to build out a small jon primarily used for duck hunting. 75% of the time it will be for 1 man, with an occasional 2nd coming along. I’ll be hunting salt marshes and coastal rivers mostly. I really like the mod v style, as there is some occasional wind chop where I usually go. I hunted on a 14’ flat bottom this year, and I think 12’ would better suit me (easier to hide, store, etc) The only manufacturer that I see making a 12’ mod V is Alweld. I can’t seem to find any pricing information on the boats anywhere.

Does anyone have any experience with the 1242VV? What do they cost? What sort of lead time would I be looking at if I were to order one through a dealer? Are there other manufacturers making a 12’ mod v? Thanks for any info you guys can provide!

I don't have experience with Alweld. Other big boat makers that currently produce what you are looking for are Lowe and Lund. Also Klamath, but they are west coast and you probably won't find many east of the Rockies. I'm sure there are others.

I'm on the opposite side of the country, so experience likely varies. Around here 12' used aluminum boats for sale are pretty common. With 10 to 15 HP outboards & trailer run in the $2,000 to $2,500 range. Without a motor, might be $750 to $1,500. Doesn't do you much good in NC, and I hear used boat prices around here are kind of high right now.