Anyone ever build a battery power station?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hct4all

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I am not sure if I am being too cheap... but I am thinking about making a battery power station.

I want to have a battery box with:

Battery guage
Outside Terminals, one set with a breaker for a trolling motor
Power outlet for a spotlight or solar charger

The premade stations(Minn Kota,Shoreline) that I have seen are about $60-$70.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rick

I did a few years ago for a small fully rigged 14' skiff. I didn't need conns for a trolling motor, but had On/Off switch, aux power cigarette, battery gauge and a small (pre-LED) light ... handy for tying on lures or general working at the back of the boat, at night.

It was custom to my needs and placement of items, was made w/ better components and cheaper to make!

Sorry, that was many boats ago ... and I had just bought a big battery box and rigged it up.

But here's a better idea and it is an AWESOME box for an even better price! I just bought one to make up a similar box on my "latest" new to me tin boat. This is a QuickCable brand adjustable battery compartment and I found them at the site below for only $ 7.30 each :D , with just $5 for shipping (from Wisconsin to Mass):

https://www.gemplers.com/product/224780/QuickCable-Battery-Boxes-Adjustable-24-27-31-Battery-Group?gclid=COThlsrxucMCFfLm7AodijgAQA&sku=224780&CID=25SEPLA&ef_id=VMqDQQAABFMbM1ss:20150129190017:s

Shown below without the divider installed, that just holds or positions the battery in place. I'm going to use one to rig a battery On/Off switch and accessory power socket into that unused end compartment :) . The top is big enough to mount accessory items and they'll be a good sized section of the box for mounting items like an On/Off switch, etc.

I like using marine items made by Blue Seas and Ancor products. And I buy my marine wiring and components from places like https://www.genuinedealz.com/ .

Attachments

• BBox.JPG
    BBox.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 603
I saw one of those premade stations today. My first thought was to get a toolbox and make my own. LED lights mounted to the lid with a switch, a power point/cigarette lighter that would be inside the toolbox with a notch cut for the wire and be able to close the lid. The handle would make it portable.