Boat Cover Support....and it ain't even Christmas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimeTime

Reaction score
:p Here's a support I'd made to use on an old boat I used to have. The cover sagged, and of course collected water. I didn't want to make some elaborate frame to support it. So I used an old Christmas tree stand, an appropriate length of 3" PVC, and a cap to protect the cover.

ST

IM002518.jpg

SlimeTime said:
:p Here's a support I'd made to use on an old boat I used to have. The cover sagged, and of course collected water. I didn't want to make some elaborate frame to support it. So I used an old Christmas tree stand, an appropriate length of 3" PVC, and a cap to protect the cover.

ST

IM002518.jpg
nice idea iaam going to make one but iam going to cut a slot at the top and run a 6 foot 2x4 through the slit thanks for the idea maybe we should market them :D

Looks good and strong! I built one out of thin 3/4" PVC last year and it work great all winter and spring, but when the south Georgia heat hit during the summer it collapsed and turned into a pile of white spaghetti. I rebuilt it using metal this time :D .

Attachments

• 101_8127-s.JPG
    101_8127-s.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,404
  • 101_8129-s.JPG
    101_8129-s.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,403
If a guy could rummage sale/flea market a couple of these, it'd be a cheap way to go.

HWG- That's a good idea with the 2X4!

ST

I was on the back porch having a smoke after supper, and was looking at this "piece", and recalled what I initially used it for.

I used to camp a lot, and I had a piece of plywood large enough for my Coleman stove to fit on. I screwed a floor flange for a stool on the center of the plywood, and I could just slip it on top of the pipe & it made a nice little table for the stove, and one that I could knock-down for transport.

Which brings me to my next point. You wouldn't need a Christmas Tree stand, use a 12" square piece of plywood with a stool flange bolted to it & stick the 3" PVC into it, it'd serve the same purpose for the base, and I doubt the flange is more than $3-4....lol, and we all got wood scraps layin' around :mrgreen:

ST