boat seating question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

304boy

Reaction score
IMG_20130326_225748.jpgOK guys I have a 14ft flatbottom and it has 2 seats on it already mounted with the Jon boat seat clamp that swivels. I would like to make my seat in the front just a little bit higher because I have a foot control bow mount motor on the front. It is pretty tough to troll for trout all day because the seat sits too low to the pedal. I was wondering if I could buy one of those pedistals that is made of the steel pipe with the two mounting plates. I think Attwood makes them and they're called an economy pedistal. I only need 6-8 inches. Do you think they would mount to the seat clamps that are already on my boat?

Attachments

• IMG_20130327_184717.jpg
    IMG_20130327_184717.jpg
    645.6 KB · Views: 488
Wow, those are some quality pics..i can really see what you are talking about...lol (j/k)
Anyways, to answer your question, I am not sure if they make a 6-8 inch pedistal. The smallest I have seen is 11 or 13 in. But yes, if you did find one of correct length, the large metal round pipe with the to base plates welded at each end would attach to your seat clamps.

They would fit, but they may cause the clamp bases to slip around due to the increased torque from the pedestal acting as a lever.

OK. Thanks guys. Sorry about the pics. Didn't have any pics on phone so I had to take pic with phone that was on camera cause I don't keep my boat here at my place.

Get rid of those clamp on deals and buy a set of Slider G5's. I put a 7 inch pedastal on mine and it works great. Do a search on the Slider and you will see what I am talking about. Best money I ever spent on the boat.

Tim

ol sarge said:
Get rid of those clamp on deals and buy a set of Slider G5's. I put a 7 inch pedastal on mine and it works great. Do a search on the Slider and you will see what I am talking about. Best money I ever spent on the boat.

Tim

SOLD! I want those dudes! Clean, simple, removable, and multiple configurations! Thanks for sharing Ol Sarge!

And uh... Sorry 304boy for hijacking your thread. Carry on.

Latest posts