confused on which is better

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aja

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to boats and this site, I am in the process of deciding which would be better, 1986
16 ft lund deep and wide or a 1992 16 ft 11 inch sylvan both abt the same year the will need work, what boat is easier to work on

thanks

andy

As far as easier to work on, it is either or. However, I really like the hull construction of the Lund, and regard it as one of the best out there, if not the best. Haven't been around too many Sylvans, but from what I have heard from owners, the Sylvan, although being a fairly durable boat, isn't up to par with the Lunds.

Thankyou for the warm welcomes and feedback, I like the lund because it seems like a floating tank and intend to fish large and open water, the sylvan though the exterior of the boat is in near condition,I no doubt will have a lot of questions yet to find an answer on will post pictures when I make my mind up on which boat to purchase

i would go with the lund.. but which is cheaper? where and what would you do with the boat. last but not least are you decking it? if you are which do you feel more comfortable with a deck on. hope these help you sort it out.

the lund is cheaper, it has 20 hp merc ( tiller), nothing fancy it has factory decks in with some modifications done, it needs to have rod lockers and storage built on sides, as well as down the road a console would be nice to install.

Kinda hard to beat a Lund. Been around them and fished out of them forever, and they hold up well. Good quality boats....

And welcome to the site.

Well the decissio was made I ended up buying a Lund will have to post pics once I figure out how to upload

great decision in my opinion... you can't beat a deep boat - more storage room and more to work with. You'll enjoy!