Cuda 300

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

river_wolf

Reaction score
Ok, for those of you that have read my posts in the past, You all know that I am new to a lot of this. I have my first boat {1970 Delhi 12' Jon} and have been reading a learning from all that post on here. "I know I don't say it a lot, but thank you all for the advise!"

So, anyway, there I was, sitting in the good ole Bass Pro shop here in our little neck of the woods, and I was just meandering through the boat accessory area when I saw a Eagle Cuda 300 fish finder for $79.00. Well knowing that I am not the most experienced and the wallet is not the fullest in the world, "As you all can tell by my selection of boat!" that it may give me a little bit of an edge.

So now, my question is, has anyone used this finder? was it a good buy for the price for someone on a budget? and keep in mind the wife isn't going to sink a bunch of money in to this boat on hi tech gadetry when I have been far from successful with the fishing this year so far.

Thanks for any information you can give me on this little jewel that I brought home and if I didn't make a good choice on this, don't laugh too loud, :lol:

It's not the best on the water but it serves it's purpose well to read depth, find drop offs, show brush and show fish. It is what I run on my console for depth readings and finding structure on the fly. I have a unit with higher resolution and detail on the bow for fishing.

Thanks for the input, I don't plan on going out in any tournaments any time soon, just plain ole fishen...... Should do what I need it too do then.....