Fish ruler mounted in boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlattrr

Reaction score
Looking for example of anyone who has a fish ruler or “golden rule” mounted in your boat permanently.

Mine is as permanent as a decal can be
5798c60b746aa82fd3676dde4c70254d.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

On my previous boat I put the TinBoats ruler on the vertical part right below the seat. Sadly, I lost the pic somewhere along the line.

I couldn't do something like that on the current boat, so made a TinBoat yardstick. I keep it in the boat but it isn't permanent.

I was thinking about riveting a golden rule to the floor.

I dont have any friends with boats so I havent seen and good examplea before i go drilling holes.

Thanks.

If you want to"customize" your ruler, it's really quite simple.

take your measuring tool, and every inch demarcation ,mark "1.1/2", then 3", then 41/2"....etc.

You will amazed at the size of your catch, you master-fisherman, you. :) :)

Kismet said:
If you want to"customize" your ruler, it's really quite simple.

take your measuring tool, and every inch demarcation ,mark "1.1/2", then 3", then 41/2"....etc.

You will amazed at the size of your catch, you master-fisherman, you. :) :)

Good idea! :LOL2: :LOL2:

marlattrr said:
I was thinking about riveting a golden rule to the floor.

I dont have any friends with boats so I havent seen and good examplea before i go drilling holes.

Thanks.

What about across one of the benches right up against the side where the bench meets the hull (I'm making some assumption on boat style).

I have a "golden rule" screwed to the lid of my rod box, has graduations from 10-22". Works well for me since I'm usually measuring crappies at 10" or walleye at 15". I prefer to have it screwed down, otherwise it tends to end up at the wrong end of the boat, no matter where you are. It will get slimed up and hard to read, but it's easy to clean.

My last boat (which was more of a stereotypical "tin boat") had a long decal across the middle bench that worked pretty well.

If you fish for pike or any of the larger species, a long decal or bump board may be preferable.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-tournament-measuring-board?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Shop%7CBPS%7CTopPerformers%7CFishing&gclid=CjwKCAjwy7CKBhBMEiwA0Eb7aspeqNwNlhl9jJjndhPPjxJE2SoHHbbfD71EWJ__Jpc72q1mZpKR0BoCY3YQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

20190828_200315.jpg