Fixing the trailer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancej2

Reaction score
Have any of you guys jacked your boat up to fix the carpet on the main bunkers (ones at the bottom)? That's what I need to do, wanted to have it ready for the season....I would drop it in water, but it's frozen lol how would you jack it up ?

Drop the tongue on to the ground now put some type of bracing under the transom. Now raise the tongue the stern should be off the bunks.

I just pulled my motor off the boat, slid the boat back a few feet on the trailer, then raised the tongue until the transom was on the ground. Then I just rolled the trailer forward until the boat was on the ground.

I used foam blocks and a floorjack to raise a glass boat high enough last year to replace bunks and brackets. Shouldnt be to hard with a tinboat

lancej2 said:
Have any of you guys jacked your boat up to fix the carpet on the main bunkers (ones at the bottom)? That's what I need to do, wanted to have it ready for the season....I would drop it in water, but it's frozen lol how would you jack it up ?

How big is the boat and do you have exposed rafters in your garage?

Small enough boat just jack up and hang the boat from the rafters with strong enough rope or chain then lower jack.

At least thats what I would do if it was mine.

parkerdog said:
lancej2 said:

How big is the boat and do you have exposed rafters in your garage?

Small enough boat just jack up and hang the boat from the rafters with strong enough rope or chain then lower jack.

At least thats what I would do if it was mine.
Yup thats what I did when I painted my hull. Should have seen the look on my buddies face when he saw it, priceless :lol:

Latest posts