Flatheads you Fathead!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Fished a new(to me) area of the Susquehanna river last Sat. night with a buddy. Target was flathead catfish

Target found and caught!

Stingerhook006.jpg

Stingerhook001-1.jpg

Man those are big fish.

Did you guys keep them? Alot of guys eat them down here.

Wow that looks like a great time! What did you use for bait?

I've heard that the smaller ones are better eating..but don't really know for sure.

We use live sunfish for bait - bluegills, rock bass, creek chubs, anything like that.

I do not eat them but the guy I fish with does - he says they are awesome - We do not keep anything over 10 lbs - so those big girls went back to get bigger and eat another hook one day

overboard said:
Nice "Cats". BUT: Hope PFBC doesn't decide to stock them in every water that's available to them.

I am sure that they will not stock them anywhere - they are aggressive and, as you can see, big. The PFBC recognizes them as a non-native species and, up until recently, suggested that anglers kill them. Do not know what the position is for the Susky, but in the DE and Schuylkill rivers they do not want them

But hay, if they are around I might as well catch them

Where about on the Susquehana were you guys? I live near Harrisburg so that river is in my back yard. If you guys are evey anywhere close it would be great to actually meet you guys. Nice fish BTW.

:beer: :beer:

BassGeek54 said:
Where about on the Susquehana were you guys? I live near Harrisburg so that river is in my back yard. If you guys are evey anywhere close it would be great to actually meet you guys. Nice fish BTW.

Be careful what you wish for.....you're talking about meeting Ahab. That could be dangerous I've heard. Most people won't even talk about it.

Nice! I love big cats but haven't fished for them since my friend, the catfish guru, moved down to TX a few months back.

BassGeek54 said:

You are welcome to join us - we are fishing in Lancaster

Latest posts