Gills last night!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alumacraftjoe

Reaction score
Hit the same lake me and Taylor chased bass at with my nephew yesterday afternoon / evening. Constant action as we boated about 80 gills and a couple of redear. No size to the redear. Gills weren't huge, but plenty of nice ones and we kept about 20 eaters. All fish were caught on jigs I tie tipped w/ waxmorms. They were nailing the pink head squirrel tail jigs in the sunlight and in shade only thing they would hit were my black bee jigs. Bad news.... I left the sd card for my camera in the computer and I also forgot my cell phone so no on the water picks.... here is the bounty before I cleaned them when I got home:

May122011001.jpg

Here is a pick from the other day w/ Taylor. Notice the grass growing in the water. It extends out 3- 8 feet into the water all around the lake. All gills were caught right against the grass or in pockets in the grass. Could not get any in deeper water away from the bank. This was the first time we fished here for gills and will def. give it some more attention. I bet there are some bigger redear to be found:

May112011002-1.jpg

Yesterday's Fish did a little swimming today.... in the grease :mrgreen:

May132011002.jpg

And some hush puppies to go along with them:

May132011001.jpg

Nice catch..... a tasty one too =P~

Now get back out there and catch the big one of the bunch, then post a picture of it in the Fishing contest!!!

yummy, fried pan fish, hush puppies and an almost empty bottle of vodka :) Was that a libation or part of the frying recipe??? :p :p

FishingCop said:
yummy, fried pan fish, hush puppies and an almost empty bottle of vodka :) Was that a libation or part of the frying recipe??? :p :p

:mrgreen: Left over from one of my Sister in laws from 4th of July... I am just a beer man :lol:

Jim said:
HUSH PUPPIES RULE! :LOL2:

I had those last year for the First time at this cool little restaurant in Tennessee. 8) :beer:

Ha, you need to get south more often. Did you get Biscuits & Gravy too? Grits?