Here we go again, boat #2, Got it wet 11-5 w/pics and video

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We hope to get back to work on this little dumplin next week, we are preparing for a jeeping trip at the end of the week and when we get back I'm hoping to help him finish up the transom and at least try the boat out.

Between working on other peoples stuff, being sick, working on my wife's bathroom, and getting ready for this trip, the last 2 weeks I haven't had time too look at it much less work on it. It's serving as a spot for my very large leaf collection that is getting started. LOL

Codeman said:
Between working on other peoples stuff, being sick, working on my wife's bathroom, and getting ready for this trip, the last 2 weeks I haven't had time too look at it much less work on it. It's serving as a spot for my very large leaf collection that is getting started. LOL
Boy that is looking good.A very fine job. :) :) :) :)

OK I got moving a little more on this thing last night. I pulled all of the new stuff back off. I painted the transom board for some extra protection. I trimmed the aluminum where it was needed and ground down some of the welds that still needed work. Now I need to get the back of the boat stripped to bare aluminum to prepare for the final mounting of the new extension. I think we are going to shorten up the corner braces a little since in all honesty the thing is hell bent for stout like it sits and it will allow a little more space for a rear deck/ cover. When the splayed brace in the middle is done it won't be moving, ever. Maybe some pics and hopefully more progress tonight. I'd like to call the transom done this week.

OK here we go, I got to work tonight the family was gone to a Halloween party at one of my daughter's friends so I had the place to myself.

Since I was solo tonight I started with dinner in the shop. :)

IMG_2964%20copy.jpg

The painted transom board, color wasn't what I had hoped for but it'll be pretty well covered anyway.

IMG_2966%20copy.jpg

Rear of boat stripped of paint.

IMG_2965%20copy.jpg

I made these corner pieces as backing plates instead of using a ton of washers.

IMG_2967%20copy.jpg

Then I worked on all of the peices for the center brace and got them slicked up and the bottom plate drilled so it can be riveted in the bottom of the boat.

IMG_2970%20copy.jpg

Full house I guess my Jeep will have to sleep out on the carport tonight.

IMG_2971.jpg

I had hoped to get the all of the pieces bolted in and all sealed up for the last time tonight. Then I realized my caulk gun was broke, I was dead tired and ready to quit. So Broncoman if you are reading this sorry we'll just have to do that first tomorrow. We plan to be done with the transom completely tomorrow if all goes as planned. Hopefully I'll have a great update for you guys tomorrow evening.

Ok guys major progress today. First off I have to say thanks to Broncoman. He spent a huge amount of time under the welding helmet today welding on his least favorite metal. Although we learned some good tips for welding aluminum that helped a ton. We'll have to do a post to itself on that later on.

Ok enough of that the progress, I am happy to report the new transom and extension is in welded and solid as a friggin' rock. Bad news is I left my camera at the house this morning so all I have is finished pics, but that is all that matters isn't it?

Still need to dress some of the welds but its usable as it is, just needs a little cosmetic clean up.

IMG_2973%20copy.jpg

IMG_2974%20copy.jpg

IMG_2976%20copy.jpg

Here is the layout, scored these twin 6 gallon tanks that fit perfect on each side of the center brace. I still need to make a pattern and bend up a battery tray for the center but you get the idea.

IMG_2978%20copy.jpg

IMG_2979%20copy.jpg

Well that's it for tonight. I am pumped that we got this all done in 7 hours of work today. Just a little more to do. I hope to hang the motor and try to get it set up for a test run this week. Stay tuned............................... =D>

I'm just glad to see your happy with it, I can't wait to see how it does in the water. I've had fun working on this project, I bought mine pretty much turn key so not much fun setting it up.