Here we go again, boat #2, Got it wet 11-5 w/pics and video

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheeseball said:
Wow... looks friggin great!

Are the support wedges just tacked on or did you leave gaps in the welds for a reason?

They are done. They have several welds inside and out. We just didn't think it was necessary to weld it solid. Believe me its not going anywhere. There will also be a filler plate/ gusset at the top where they come together when its all done.

Well I tinkered with the controls for the motor tonight. Got some of the temporary wiring sorted out and mounted the shifter. It had been a while since we started it so I thought I'd give it a shot and see how hard it would be to fire it up. Bumped the key and it lit right off. So I thought I'd provide a little teaser video. I will get this thing wet this week. Really the only thing I need to put it in the water is the cable for the shifter. I'll be picking that up tomorrow.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/zx_j6zHM1zo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/zx_j6zHM1zo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Cool !
thumbsup_smilie.gif

Zum said:
Motor sounds nice.
Your voice didn't match what I was expecting though.

See I slipped getting out of the boat earlier........................

LOL I knew someone would catch that, that would be my daughter you heard in the background. She is ready for a ride she even came out and cleaned leaves out of it and vacuumed on it some for me.

If all goes as planned it goes to the water tomorrow. Its wired and all of the controls are hooked up, pump is all together. Time to get it wet!!!!!! Wish me luck.

I'll be bringing the camera along don't worry. The only problem I see is the trailer is kind of a piece so it might be fun to load and unload. I should probably wait but the weather looks like its going to crap after today. I'll have plenty of time to fix the trailer in the weeks to come.

I decided to post the pics and the video back on this thread to keep it all together.

I was very happy with the way it ran and handled. I did find some things that I will change. The shifter being at your back while running the tiller bites that will be going. I'm going to build a shifter to go on the motor and move the electrics to the left rear corner for easy access. We GPSed it @ 24mph at one point but it ran a consistent 22.5-23mph on fairly rough water. It really needs the liner changed in the pump but that will come after my budget recovers. LOL

Anyway her is one of the videos, I'll have another one later. I'll be uploading some photos in just a few minutes. Sorry you have to look at me in this one. :p

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/UvdmDGfXBW4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/UvdmDGfXBW4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Not sure if you were wearing your kill switch lanyard, but I would HIGHLY suggest it. I like the throttle lever, but it would be awful for us to hear about a runaway boat in the Ozark Foothills. Best thing I noticed was you couldn't knock that grin off yer face with a Mack truck :mrgreen:

fowlmood77 said:
Not sure if you were wearing your kill switch lanyard, but I would HIGHLY suggest it. I like the throttle lever, but it would be awful for us to hear about a runaway boat in the Ozark Foothills. Best thing I noticed was you couldn't knock that grin off yer face with a Mack truck :mrgreen:

Well it doesn't have one ( I plan to put one on it), and the lever is the shifter only. The throttle is on the tiller. That being said the lever is going away after one trip I found out that I hate it. I will be fabbing up a new shifter to mount on the motor. I didn't realize how awkward it would be til I tried it.

Shut up. I was avoiding that. I knew you would out me. :oops:

Yes I learned the hard way that a jet doesn't steer like anything else and I forgot how to get it in reverse for a minute.

Latest posts