Here we go again, boat #2, Got it wet 11-5 w/pics and video

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you were really flying.I wonder how much water you draw,didn't seem like much,plus there was 2 of you.Hope your voice gets better soon:)

Zum said:
Looks like you were really flying.I wonder how much water you draw,didn't seem like much,plus there was 2 of you.Hope your voice gets better soon:)

Felt like it too. My little 14 footer runs about 7.5-8 mph with a 9.9 Merc. Like I said this one runs 22-23 steady so almost triple. It seemed like it would plane in 1.5-2 boat lengths fairly easy. As light as this boat is at full tilt it should run in a few inches of water. If you looked out the back at full speed pretty much all that was in the water was bottom of the pump the shoe on the jet.

Outstanding job!
thumbsup_smilie.gif

AWESOME JOB!

That boat looks like it sits on top of the water. You definitely don't have any weight issues going on. From the looks of the video, you weren't getting beaten up by the chop on the water either.

Great job on the transom, that will probably outlast the rest of the boat!

How about another video. Broncoman driving this time.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/2iOkkFjFDGw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/2iOkkFjFDGw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Cheeseball said:
Great work gents!

So what's next? Planning any more work?

Thanks, not only am I cheap (read poor) but we enjoy doing this stuff too. LOL

That being said there is a lot more to do. Decks/ floor/ I need to do something else about the shifter cause I hate it where it is. I have it off of the trailer as of tonight. When we put it in the water the other day had I looked at the trailer any closer I never would have dragged it the 12 miles to the lake. She is junk. I was trying to patch it up until I could afford to do something else but it looks like I will have to build a complete new frame for it. So more mods to the boat will have to wait. I am broke, what little money I have left for this project will have to go into the trailer then some for now. Don't get me wrong I thank God I am able to dive into this project in the first place, there are alot of people out there that are having to sell their toys all together right now. Looks like my other boat is about to go up for sale pretty soon so I'll just have to wait a little while longer and just fish with Broncoman more. :wink:

Codeman said:
That being said there is a lot more to do. Decks/ floor/ I need to do something else about the shifter cause I hate it where it is. I have it off of the trailer as of tonight.

Yeah, I thought that seemed awkward having a shifter to the side with a tiller motor. But, I have to say that is a pretty cool jon. I don't know that I've ever seen one that big with low gunwales like that. It looks like it skims the water nicely in your video. Anyways, good luck with the trailer.

Well we live in riverboat country around here. Lots of skinny water to play in. Boats like this are more the norm than not. I kid you not I could drive around this town and find 50-75 flat bottom Outboard Jet powered boats in a couple of hours.

Boats like this are as normal around here as a glass bass boat.

Boats%20018.jpg

Rick%20Tidwell%20001.jpg

If you want to see some more check this out. https://www.jetdoctor.net/products/index.php?cat=1

Nice! That style boat is my dream boat. I fish the upper potomac which is mostly skinny-rocky-bottom water and this time of year the river is more like a creek.

Latest posts