How would YOU set this up?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGibson

Reaction score
I found a boat like mine (Only a 17 footer) and I was looking at how they have it set up. Although theirs has the steering console, mine does not (removed to make more room). My question is, in the pics (The top is theirs, the bottom, mine), how would you set this up? Would you just use the wood to support the pedestal or something else added in? If you add something in, what would it be and how would you do it? Looking for ideas...

boat31_zps7ea7ae74.jpg

99BF6BC2-D398-4094-A778-2BF3A27F0EF6-1664-000002927D3847D3_zps191f31d3.jpg

You plan on tiller steer from that elevated seat?

I suspect those two transom braces are really study and no more than 18" apart. 3/4 ply secured to them should support the seat a most normal people.

Colbyt said:
You plan on tiller steer from that elevated seat?
I suspect those two transom braces are really study and no more than 18" apart. 3/4 ply secured to them should support the seat a most normal people.
+2 JG, Colby is correct here. Tiller steering from an elevated position is not safe, and far to easy to get thrown out of the boat. The deck would be great for fishing without it. Just my 2c....Jerry :)

id do like said above and use 3/4 ply but I would use a pedestal with the square flat base and the removable post with the pin that fits in the base(seat also has pin that fits in top of the post) and put another base a foot or so to the side so you can put ur seat in it to sit and drive and then use the post in the other base when you wanna sit up to fish....

I had a rear deck with a tiller on my last boat and won't be doing it again that way unless I could fold part of it up while driving. A spit bench or walk through with a hinged section would be a good way to get both the deck and be able to sit down in the boat. I found out after buying my boat it wasn't legal in minnesota to drive from a deck.

No driving from the seat, just use as a casting deck. The other two seats you see will be there to drive from.

I would use the pin style like mentioned above. 3 bases in the back and one up front. You could have two seats that you move from riding to fishing positions.

Latest posts