If you have a moment my family and I could use your prayers.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep home health nurse was at the house Friday, she said ok but call the doc. Amanda Called her doc and she said it was fine as long as she felt like it. She has a desk job so no major physical strain. She was going stir crazy too.

She said she would take it day by day and see how she feels. Her employer is fine with that. We have to come up there Wed for a our weekly visit, so she won't be working all week anyway.

Hey guys haven't updated this much in a while. Manda is doing great She started her 4th week of Radiation yesterday. She has 16 of 28 (5days a week) in the books. Things worked out great she wound up getting a place to stay in STL for free which was pretty unbelievable. She saw her Oncologist last week and he just smiles and shakes his head. He told her again that her results is the are the best case that they hope to see in any patient.

I'm playing Mr. Mom, 2 kids playing ball, alot of house work plus My little photography side job is keeping me busy. I put my boat into storage basically. with all of the flooding that we have had not to mention all of the above time is kind of non existent for that right now anyway. I needed to free up some space in the shop, so I had a an offer to store it out of the weather in a safe place so that's where she sits.

Anyway that's where things stand today. Just wanted to kind of bring this up to date and say thanks again for all of the prayers and well wishes I firmly believe that they have made a difference through all of this, we aren't done yet so your continued prayers would be appreciated.

Codeman said:
Hey guys haven't updated this much in a while. Manda is doing great She started her 4th week of Radiation yesterday. She has 16 of 28 (5days a week) in the books. Things worked out great she wound up getting a place to stay in STL for free which was pretty unbelievable. She saw her Oncologist last week and he just smiles and shakes his head. He told her again that her results is the are the best case that they hope to see in any patient.

I'm playing Mr. Mom, 2 kids playing ball, alot of house work plus My little photography side job is keeping me busy. I put my boat into storage basically. with all of the flooding that we have had not to mention all of the above time is kind of non existent for that right now anyway. I needed to free up some space in the shop, so I had a an offer to store it out of the weather in a safe place so that's where she sits.

Anyway that's where things stand today. Just wanted to kind of bring this up to date and say thanks again for all of the prayers and well wishes I firmly believe that they have made a difference through all of this, we aren't done yet so your continued prayers would be appreciated.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers daily. Thanks for the update. Still hope to hook up sometime too. Even if it's not to fish. :?

Well Chris my plan for now is to take next week off and be up there with her all week. Kids last day of school is Friday so we are going to come up and hang out. Maybe we can then.

Codeman said:
Well Chris my plan for now is to take next week off and be up there with her all week. Kids last day of school is Friday so we are going to come up and hang out. Maybe we can then.

DEAL! My kids will be out of school after tomorrow. My weekend is full, but next week is good. Maybe we can fish a night after I get off work for a few hours?? Not necessary though if you can't. Just figured you need a much needed break.

Hey might be up for that. I'll get with you before next week and we'll see how it goes. I'm not sure if we are going to come up Monday (she doesn't get treatment due to the holiday) or Tuesday morning. I know she won't care if I disappear for a while.

Codeman said:
Hey might be up for that. I'll get with you before next week and we'll see how it goes. I'm not sure if we are going to come up Monday (she doesn't get treatment due to the holiday) or Tuesday morning. I know she won't care if I disappear for a while.

Deal! I may be out of town on Monday anyway. I'm going to try to get out and fish again....if possible.

that's just wonderful. it's so nice to have a bunch like this who can support us whenever we need it.
i'm new here so i couldn't help with before, but i will pray for your wife's continous recovery.

First off Chris I'm sorry I didn't call. We had a less than stellar week while we were up there. Manda wasn't feeling well and the kids were set on crazy.

Now for something good. Today is Manda's final round of radiation. She should be done as I type this. She is walking Saturday morning in the Susan G Komen Race for a Cure. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers it has meant a lot. And please continue them it will still be a little bit before it's all over with, but as far as taking treatments for the cancer the are done today........

James....no worries. I did think about you several times during the week, but it was a hectic week for me too. Some day we will get together, I'm sure.

So happy to hear that treatment is over. Now maybe some "normality" to life. God is good and I can see how he has blessed your entire family.

Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update Codeman. Prayers continued for your family.

Thanks for the update Codeman.
Prayers continued for you and your family.

I fell sorry for the people out there that don’t believe there is a higher power and don’t believe in the power of prayer.

Codeman please keep is updated ever now and then. Let your wife no how a bunch of old fishing bums are pulling for.

Thanks guys. We are going up tomorrow night so we can get up and make it to the Susan G Komen Race For a Cure, she will be walking in the survivors walk. I'll be taking pics I'll make sure and post some up when we get back.

Haven't been on in a while. Life's been busy the last few months. Just thought I'd bring this up to date. I started this thread 13 months ago to the day. Things are becoming more back to normal everyday, not that life will ever be the same again after this past year. Go to the oncologist in December then she should be on the every 6 months to a year schedule for check ups. The plastic surgeon is almost done with his work as well. Just want to say thanks again for everyone's thoughts and prayers. Its been a difficult year and they have helped.

Hey James....was thinking about you last week and wondering why we hadn't seen you for a while. So glad everything is still good. Keep us posted and still looking forward to hooking up with you sometime.