If you have a moment my family and I could use your prayers.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick update. Treatment #2 s in the books, she took it yesterday and she went strong all day today. She is having a few minor side effects but nothing that is actually slowing her down. That in itself is answered prayer. So keep them coming I know those prayers are making this go as smoothly as it is so far. [-o<

God bless you and your family. Tell them you love them every day. God has a plan for all of us. Else I would not be here to say these things. My prayers to your wife. My prayers to you and to your kids. What a beatiful family.

Well so far so good on the chemo, still no major issues, no sickness not really wiping her out too bad, that's the good. The bad is the hair is coming out, she says that part isn't bothering her, she says she has accepted that part of it, the part that is bothering her is keeping the hair off her and its driving her nuts because she can't do much with it due to the fact its dying I guess. She said she may go have it cut short this afternoon, so we'll see how that goes. If you have a minute today send up a little prayer that she will have a good day. She was a little stressed this morning. :|

Oh and I hate to ask for myself but, I'm not sleeping well and I'm being a bit short with the kids etc. I could really use a prayer too.

James,

Prayers are still coming. Think about you all every day. Hair will grow back, but I can understand the stresses of losing it and it must be worse for such a beautiful young woman. Please tell your wife that she and the kids are in our prayers (you too of course), and whatever God brings you to, He will lead you through. Keep your hearts open to Him and victory will be yours. (not my promise, but God's promise)

My offer still stands for anything you need. Hang in there and when necessary...remember to count to 10 first with the kids.

fender66 said:
James,

Prayers are still coming. Think about you all every day. Hair will grow back, but I can understand the stresses of losing it and it must be worse for such a beautiful young woman. Please tell your wife that she and the kids are in our prayers (you too of course), and whatever God brings you to, He will lead you through. Keep your hearts open to Him and victory will be yours. (not my promise, but God's promise)

My offer still stands for anything you need. Hang in there and when necessary...remember to count to 10 first with the kids.

Thanks man your words of encouragement are greatly appreciated.

fender66 said:
James,

Could not of said it better myself. Hang in there bud. [-o<

Jim said:
fender66 said:
James,

Could not of said it better myself. Hang in there bud. [-o<

times 2

You're stronger than you think. I can't imagine all you are going through and then to re-live it to post it here has to really work on you. We appreciate the updates and know that you and your entire family are in our thoughts.

My wife went the wig route for a while. It keeps the strange 'looks' down.

Funny story - i got pulled over in a town where they don't ever give warnings. It was later, no traffic and then BAM - lights on behind me. When he comes to get my license and my wife says, watch this. She pulls off her wig and gives him a big hello and smile with her bald head shining in the spotlights. He just looked at my license, made sure I didn't have warrants, and sent me on my way. There are some benefits to this. :wink:

Still praying for you. It's hard on you too with the stress of caring for everyone, and not being able to physically 'protect' you wife. Don't worry, God has it in His hands I heard last night we need to stop treating God as one of our friends. That means we tell Him our problems, then take them back and worry/think/dwell on them. Once we give it to Him, we need to go on about our business and wait for Him to take care of it.
God will give you all the patience you need!
[-o< [-o< [-o<

wasilvers said:
Still praying for you. It's hard on you too with the stress of caring for everyone, and not being able to physically 'protect' you wife. Don't worry, God has it in His hands I heard last night we need to stop treating God as one of our friends. That means we tell Him our problems, then take them back and worry/think/dwell on them. Once we give it to Him, we need to go on about our business and wait for Him to take care of it.
God will give you all the patience you need!
[-o< [-o< [-o<

Wow, sermon Sunday was pretty much on this and you are about the 3rd person that has said it to me this week. Think maybe God is trying to tell me something............

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Hang in there....I am thinking the worst is over (initial shock) and now its just a matter of one day at a time....get through today and put tomorrow in Gods hands and he will take care of it...day by day, it will get better....tkae your kids out for ice cream....

Outdoorsman.

Latest posts