Info on a Super Gamefisher 14ft Aluminum V-hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

postban

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the site and looking to get my first fishing boat.
I wanted something modest and affordable to start with having learned from doing it the other way in so many other hobbies. :lol:

All I know about this boat is this is a friend of a friends whose Father passed last year and he just wants it out of the garage.

14' v-hull Aluminum Super Gamefisher, Sears. Do not know year on boat or motors. Any info from just looking?
Two motors, Mercury 7.5hp and Evinrude 6hp
Trailer with good tires and spare.

From the pics you can see it is a general fishing setup. I am not familiar with all the gadgets on it like that spool thing on the port side.
From the Son "It was used exclusively on Torch Lake in Northern MI and supposedly has a really long anchor line?"

I am picking it up Saturday and would like to know what to look for if you have any advice. I won't be able to get more pics or info until then. I have not seen it in person, deal will be face to face.
I have extensive experience on Sailboats 32' Pearson, dabbled in fishing from borrowed/rented boats for the last 5 yrs, Married to a great Lady and have two teens 18 and 16, all of whom LOVE TO FISH.

$800 for all

1404227710_zpse008903f.jpg

1404227704_zps2bf647f3.jpg

1404227698_zps672434aa.jpg

1404227696_zps30419292.jpg

cc32d895-1468-494d-88b9-960b485e02a8_zps63235120.jpg

1404227715_zpsefc2e138.jpg

Looks like a great set-up. (The "spool thing" is the really long anchor rope, wound up on a reel.)

Very clean.

Looks about ready to go. Check trailer wheel bearings, make sure engines are pumping water, and wait a bit before making decisions on changing anything. Previous owner seems to have made it an efficient craft for himself.

Gonna be fun. =D>

My son taking his Grandmother and Great Aunt out for a little bass fishing. Halfmoon Lake in Pinckney Mi
7192f199-d617-4041-bd51-a9597e76c531_zps342be9af.jpg

96f229e0-b3d1-4eb4-b684-8994c0d1cfd9_zpsb7f939f3.jpg

"Spool thingy" on the port side is a downrigger, albiet an older one.

Handy pieces of kit for trolling, especially deeper water.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=362677#p362677 said:
great white » 08 Aug 2014, 05:52[/url]"]"Spool thingy" on the port side is a downrigger, albiet an older one.

Handy pieces of kit for trolling, especially deeper water.

Thanks, I been learning a lot since getting this boat. Besides those downriggers I found an old Schaller spool for handlining.

That caused my FIL to start telling me how he was taught by his dad and has all the gear.
Known the man since 1991 and he never mentioned it once. Anyway he brought his setup over and we put it on the boat for a trip out with my son. Interesting technique that will take a while to get used to.

Went out on the Detroit River last night and instead of walleye we found this nice smallmouth. 2.94# 17-1/2".
Caught it on the handline using a 5" jointed Rapala in about 18' of water.

Yah, that spool thing is a downrigger like the man says. It don't need to be fancy to work, you can use rubber bands as releases or rubber covered alligator clips. Looks like a great deal. I have seen that handlining, seems really popular on the detroit river. Great bunch of water in that area, lake erie, detroit river and lake st clair.
Tim

I stand corrected, maybe.

I was looking at the right front of the inside hull, which looks to me like an anchor reel.

I didn't even see the black outrigger reel.

duh. #-o

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=362745#p362745 said:
Kismet » Today, 17:45[/url]"]I stand corrected, maybe.

I was looking at the right front of the inside hull, which looks to me like an anchor reel.

I didn't even see the black outrigger reel.

duh. #-o

Arr, got yer port and starboard backwards there matey!

Lol.

Starboard bow spool does indeed look like an anchor windlass/spool and I think the op mentions it somewhere.

:)