Line X today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember correctly they said I had around 650 sq/ft to spray and they charged me $1000 and that was me doing all the prep work. I had to tear out the old carpet, get all the old glue off the aluminum and smooth out any places I wanted smoothed out. My boat is 16' long and 66" wide at the bottom.

optaylor823 said:
If I remember correctly they said I had around 650 sq/ft to spray and they charged me $1000 and that was me doing all the prep work. I had to tear out the old carpet, get all the old glue off the aluminum and smooth out any places I wanted smoothed out. My boat is 16' long and 66" wide at the bottom.

I also had to prep it myself, I don't know what they would've charged otherwise.

I was also told it would be $1000.00 to do the outside of my 1542. I wanted the bottom and sides done with the nongrit Line-x. I also would have had to do all the prep. I went with steelflex $65.00. I am doing the inside of mine with Durabak and Hydro-turf for about $250.00.
$450 is a decent price!

TTSam said:
I was also told it would be $1000.00 to do the outside of my 1542. I wanted the bottom and sides done with the nongrit Line-x. I also would have had to do all the prep. I went with steelflex $65.00. I am doing the inside of mine with Durabak and Hydro-turf for about $250.00.
$450 is a decent price!

Yea, it was by the far the best price I could find.

Sir big,

Here are some numbers in MY area in Texas. Today we reached 100 or 101. A stainless steering wheel read, 125 d and a bedliner covered one (black) read 147d.

Now for some real shockers.
White gelcoat 126 d
Black gelcoat 161 d

As I was saying (or trying to say) darlker colors are going to be hotter. Now if your in a norther state and your high temps are not that severe, then this may not make much of a difference. However here, it makes a big diff. Again I was not trying to say anything negative against your thread, and I will not banter back and forth with those that posted earlier, I am just stating facts!

Hope you get your boat back soon and I look forward to seeing the pics.!

huntinfool said:
Sir big,

Here are some numbers in MY area in Texas. Today we reached 100 or 101. A stainless steering wheel read, 125 d and a bedliner covered one (black) read 147d.

Now for some real shockers.
White gelcoat 126 d
Black gelcoat 161 d

As I was saying (or trying to say) darlker colors are going to be hotter. Now if your in a norther state and your high temps are not that severe, then this may not make much of a difference. However here, it makes a big diff. Again I was not trying to say anything negative against your thread, and I will not banter back and forth with those that posted earlier, I am just stating facts!

Hope you get your boat back soon and I look forward to seeing the pics.!

I hope he remembered that I changed it to light gray.
I still haven't heard anything from him...

I finally got my boat back today from Line X.
Remember when I said that I hoped that he didn't forget to spray it "light gray?"
Well, he forgot.
Here's what it looks like:
linex1.jpg

Yes, it's charcoal gray...I saw it and I was suprised, but I felt that it was kinda late to do anything about it, and he only charged me 363.00, even cheaper than the 400.00 he had quoted.

linex2.jpg

My son thinks it looks great, and I like it also.
Hopefully it won't get that hot.
The edges are kinda shabby, they didn't trim the edges properly, but overall its a great job for the price.

This is a pic of the new plywood I will be installing...I'm sitting on the bowed piece to keep it down:

linex5.jpg

For the price I am very satisfied. It IS the color I originally wanted, I hope it doesn't get too hot!

Awesome! I really like it. I also really like the color of the wood. Looks great and I think you will be very satisfied. BTW what part of the country are you in?

huntinfool said:
Awesome! I really like it. I also really like the color of the wood. Looks great and I think you will be very satisfied. BTW what part of the country are you in?

Thank you.
I'm in Southern California, about an hour from the beach. I prefer ocean fishing, so I'm hoping to use the boat in the bay areas.

Looks good!

Sorry to hear it isn't the color you were expecting, but I think you'll be happy having it on the boat anyways.

Hope to see some ocean pics from the tin someday!

Brine said:
Looks good!

Sorry to hear it isn't the color you were expecting, but I think you'll be happy having it on the boat anyways.

Hope to see some ocean pics from the tin someday!

Thanks!

Looks fine, a nice bimini top will keep you cooler and the water will suck some of the heat out of the hull. Might be worth while to paint the gunnel cap a matching flat grey to keep the sun glare down.

Enjoy the boat.
Jamie

Looks great Man! I really wanted to do Line-X on the inside of mine, but need the carpet to cover my awesome gaps on the deck :wink:

Ranchero50 said:
Looks fine, a nice bimini top will keep you cooler and the water will suck some of the heat out of the hull. Might be worth while to paint the gunnel cap a matching flat grey to keep the sun glare down.

Enjoy the boat.
Jamie

I found a gray bimini top for 175.00 on Craigslist, never been used, will fit my boat, and my wife is giving me a hard time about buying it. :(

Regarding the gunnel cap...what is exactly is that?

The gunnel cap is just the top of the sides of your boat, the part in your pic that is blinding everyone that looks at your sweet Line-X :p

By the way, I glanced thru the thread real quick and didn't see it, how big is your boat? It looks huge (but then again the only V-hull Im used to is 12ft.) That thing would be perfect in the inlets here and Chesapeake bay on a not too rough day...

SVOMike86 said:
The gunnel cap is just the top of the sides of your boat, the part in your pic that is blinding everyone that looks at your sweet Line-X :p

lol...I thought the contrast looked sexy...

Yea, I could tone that down a bit.
I could have had them spray it, but I wanted some kind of contrast on the inside.