Line X today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just explain that the bimini will keep the skin cancer to a minimum :)

I painted my cap that same as the interior (textured sand colored paint) because it kept giving me a glare headache.

Ranchero50 said:
Just explain that the bimini will keep the skin cancer to a minimum :)

I painted my cap that same as the interior (textured sand colored paint) because it kept giving me a glare headache.

My wife gave in...she told me that the bimini top would be my Father's day gift.
I already went down and picked it up.
I paid 160.00 for it, it's dark gray, matches the Line X.
It's in new condition, a Sunbrella.
I'll try to get a pic of it later.

I'll look into painting the cap eventually.

sirbeigealot said:
My wife gave in...she told me that the bimini top would be my Father's day gift.
I already went down and picked it up.
I paid 160.00 for it, it's dark gray, matches the Line X.
It's in new condition, a Sunbrella.
I'll try to get a pic of it later.

I'll look into painting the cap eventually.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

You won't regret the top (or umbrella for that matter).

I think my bimini top from my fiberglass boat will fit the aluminum hull.

That looks sweet!!! How much weight did it add to the boat? I'm really likeing it but weight is an issue for my rig. Need to keep it as light as possible.

BassBlaster said:
That looks sweet!!! How much weight did it add to the boat? I'm really likeing it but weight is an issue for my rig. Need to keep it as light as possible.

I believe that Line X weighs .7 pounds per square foot.
I believe it adds about 50 pounds to a boat like ours, give or take a few pounds.

Thanks, thats a lot less than I thought. May have to consider that when it comes time. Its gonna cost me 150 or so for carpet plus adhesive. Add in my time and it will be pretty close to the cost of Line X. My boat is a bit smaller than yours too so maybe a little cheaper. Looks good!! Keep us updated on the heat issue.

BassBlaster said:
Thanks, thats a lot less than I thought. May have to consider that when it comes time. Its gonna cost me 150 or so for carpet plus adhesive. Add in my time and it will be pretty close to the cost of Line X. My boat is a bit smaller than yours too so maybe a little cheaper. Looks good!! Keep us updated on the heat issue.

If you do go with Line X, call every line x dealer within 100 miles of you for estimates.
I called all over, and all of the quotes were between 700 and 800.00.
I found one place that quoted me 400 or 450.00, and ended up charging 363.00.
So I would really take some time to call around.

The color can be changed with out much problem as long as you have not put everything back in the boat. The sprayed mine a sand color, but took it back to have it grey and only took a couple of days for them to get to it. I agree on calling around, because I had one place quote me 1600 and the place that did the job only charged me 1000. Also as far as weight they said the only added about 60lbs to my boat and like I said they said I had around 650 square feet to spray. You boat looks great and you will never regret it.

optaylor823 said:
The color can be changed with out much problem as long as you have not put everything back in the boat. The sprayed mine a sand color, but took it back to have it grey and only took a couple of days for them to get to it. I agree on calling around, because I had one place quote me 1600 and the place that did the job only charged me 1000. Also as far as weight they said the only added about 60lbs to my boat and like I said they said I had around 650 square feet to spray. You boat looks great and you will never regret it.

Thanks, I think I'll be happy with it.
I'va already attached the new plywood seats and hardware, and my son in law came over and installed my bimini top...I found one on Craigslist in new condition, also gray.
Hope to get some pics up soon.

huntinfool said:
Any more pics?

I will have some pics by tomorrow, gotta get my son to take em (my camera won't download)
I am installing new braces on the bench seats.
I installed a bimini top, it's lookin' real nice.
Thanks for asking!

Here are the latest pics, I just got done putting the braces on the seats.
My son in law and I installed the bimini top on Sunday.
boat2-1.jpg

boat3-1.jpg

boat4-1.jpg

boat.jpg

I still have to get some swivel seats. Everyone who has seen the boat is telling me not to add seats, just one in the back for steering. They say that they'll just get in the way.
I'm not sure yet, I'll get one in back for sure, maybe one more up front.
Also don't know how the bimini is going to work out when fishing, but we'll see.

Nice!

You won't regret the top. It may get in the way when the bite is hot, but when it's slow, you'll appreciate it.

I left the stern bench empty and only put one seat each in the middle of the front and center benches. When steering with the tiller, I want to be able to move rather quickly just in case. I guess it comes from my sailing days as quick movements were very necessary. We want the seats for comfort when the fishing is slow. I made sure the seats I bought have very good "bottom" end padding!

nomowork said:
Nice!

You won't regret the top. It may get in the way when the bite is hot, but when it's slow, you'll appreciate it.

I left the stern bench empty and only put one seat each in the middle of the front and center benches. When steering with the tiller, I want to be able to move rather quickly just in case. I guess it comes from my sailing days as quick movements were very necessary. We want the seats for comfort when the fishing is slow. I made sure the seats I bought have very good "bottom" end padding!

That makes sense regarding the seat.
I'll be working on the boat this weekend, maybe I'll be able to decide on seats by Sunday :roll:

I would buy the best and most comfortable seat you can afford since that's where you'll be for hours on end while fishing. I ended up with a pair of Tempress lowbacks, oddball color of green and tan but great price of $70 for the pair from the manufacturer off eBay. Well and truely worth every penny after the standard Wise seats I had. You still end up with a bit of swamp arse if it's over 90` out but I digress.

These are the highback version from the same seller:
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOAT-SEAT-BOAT-SEATS-NAVISTYLE-TEMPRESS-WHITE-GRAY-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a67688d13QQitemZ250843008275QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

Jamie

Ranchero50 said:
I would buy the best and most comfortable seat you can afford since that's where you'll be for hours on end while fishing. I ended up with a pair of Tempress lowbacks, oddball color of green and tan but great price of $70 for the pair from the manufacturer off eBay. Well and truely worth every penny after the standard Wise seats I had. You still end up with a bit of swamp arse if it's over 90` out but I digress.

These are the highback version from the same seller:
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOAT-SEAT-BOAT-SEATS-NAVISTYLE-TEMPRESS-WHITE-GRAY-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a67688d13QQitemZ250843008275QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

Jamie

Those are nice seats.
Bass pro has something similar, but prob. very expensive.
I'll look around and see what I can find.

huntinfool said:
Hey Big, the boat looks great. I really like the top. LOTS of shade. Keep the pics coming.

Thanks,
Ill be working on it some more this weekend.

Latest posts