Link for Boat Modifications! Please post yours!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got my first aluminum boat and i am looking for ideas on a conversion for it. my father bought it new in 1956 it has a mercury 110 9.8 hp motor that was a replacement for the buchaneer motor that came on it i just got done reworking the trailer and i am ready to start on the boat know looking to do some good workable conversions on it and i have found a lot of ideas on here i like what the guy did with the 14 ft nymph and may try to do the same with mine any ideas would be great thanks.

jewettb said:
i just got my first aluminum boat and i am looking for ideas on a conversion for it. my father bought it new in 1956 it has a mercury 110 9.8 hp motor that was a replacement for the buchaneer motor that came on it i just got done reworking the trailer and i am ready to start on the boat know looking to do some good workable conversions on it and i have found a lot of ideas on here i like what the guy did with the 14 ft nymph and may try to do the same with mine any ideas would be great thanks.

:WELCOME:

Take some pictures of your boat and post them in the boat house. The members will point you in the right direction.

Looking forward to seeing it..............

My father just bought me a 14 ft Alumacraft boat it is an older boat but I have no Idea what year it is on the bow it says F7 44535 and im not sure what it means any help from anybody would be great I have pictures of it but am having a hard time figuring out how to get the on the website just as soon as i figure it out i will post them. Thank you all for any help

My second mod of my life. I'm am taking the center bench out and moving it forward about 7 inches to give me the room I need for the seats and some leg room for remote steering. The steering console will mount to the seat if all works out like I plan an hang a little to the rear from it. I have the seat out now, have put solid aluminum rivets in the old holes, cleaned the aluminum and primed where the seat was. I am waiting for delivery of a livewell box I just ordered a few minutes ago which I will mount inside the bench I'm moving. Then I think I will deck the entire front (still up in the air on that) and make storage under it and add some deck over the rear bench. Whenever I complete this little task I will be putting a 18 HP Tohatsu 4 stroke and a bow mount foot controlled Minn Kota on. His had the center bench removed and a console installed but 4 of his ribs cracked and his hull had a small split from flexing which I just re-enforced for him and I hope it holds up for him but I just don't want to go there with mine. I've been checking this site out a few days now and I gotta tell you a lot of you have some really great ideas. I would appreciate any input any of you may have. Will post some photos of progress after livewell gets in and I check to see what size photos should be. Thanks, Doug

https://s1045.photobucket.com/albums/b460/brancoga/1992 Grumman MV/

The boat came to me with a full aluminum duck/goose blind, twin 48HP Johnsons, three propane heaters, a built in corroded gas tank and a rotten plywood floor. As this was obviously a single purpose boat I wanted to re-rig it to use for fishing and build a portable blind later. And, I could do nothing until the floor was made whole. So, everything came off the boat. I have a little accessory wiring to remove then start on the floor. I will run one of the 48s, not both. The boat is rated to a 50. The motors are '93 and '94, the '93 has better compression so it goes on the boat. I am looking for suggestions for the floor material, carpet or not, use the 6" jackplate that came with the motor, how to make a steering console and live well and a dozen other things. I will post before and progress pictures as we go.

Attachments

• 100_0240.jpg
    100_0240.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 1,541
Going to make this a simple, but great modification.I'm going to tell you first what I am going to do,then see how close I can come to doing it.
First off it is getting everything taken out of it.Front deck is weathered plywood,I want to make it all aluminum.NO WOOD.I want to come back to the center bench seat and split it.Have a battery storage on one side and a livewell on the other side and be able to walk thru it.Plus be able to be comfortable seats during the lond rides.Then to the back of the boat replace the rotten transom wood that is tucked in between the aluminum.Maybe reinforce it with fiberglass resin and mat to keep it from going bad again.Paint the whole boat in a green of some sort,maybe camo on the outside.Then to finish it off rubber matt down on the floor to go between the ribs to make it somewhat flat.These are my plans,it's got a Johnson 25 hp tiller motor.Let's see what comes of these ideas.Should be nice and do what I want from it if all comes together as it is in my mind.
https://s896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/jigmaster1/Project%20Crappie%20Boat/?action=view&current=DSC00033.jpg

Jim said:
all projects updated in the first post! :beer:

If I missed one or want to add yours, post JUST the link here.

Jim, just to keep things orderly, (and I don't know if it matters) but you added "azslabber's" and my jon boat mods to the "V-style" list. They should be under "Jon Boats". Just giving you a heads-up, as I'm just happy that it has been added!!!

Thanks!

Hooky1420 said:
Jim said:
all projects updated in the first post! :beer:

If I missed one or want to add yours, post JUST the link here.

Jim, just to keep things orderly, (and I don't know if it matters) but you added "azslabber's" and my jon boat mods to the "V-style" list. They should be under "Jon Boats". Just giving you a heads-up, as I'm just happy that it has been added!!!

Thanks!

Shoot......will fix it when I get home! Thanks for the heads up!

14Ft Semi-V Sea King

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15880
From this:
101_0768.jpg

101_0726.jpg

to this:
101_1701.jpg

101_1698.jpg

101_1696.jpg

Im new to tin boats and I have a 15ft Fisher jon boat project going on. I plan on posting pics during this project. I planned on painting the outside of the boat with Parker paint(marsh grass),and adding a floor and deck. The frame for the casting deck will be made out of aluminum and decked with plywood. I will also be using plywood on the back bench. There were a couple of bad rivits on the bottom which I repaced with stainless bolts and used 5200 on them when I installed. Well after reading post....I have decided to steelflex the bottom. So I need some help. Can anyone tell me if I need to redo the bolts with 5200 after I strip the paint off. I have been using aircraft paint remover to prep for steelflex and I am concerned that I may have damaged the 5200 seal. What do you guys think? Any help would be great! After reading alot of projects on here I have really been inspired. PLEASE HELP ME! :?: :?: :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts