• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a 1983 Mercury 50 hp powerhead

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckethead

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the powerhead on my 1983 Mercury 50 hp motor, I had it in the shop recently and was told the top cylinder has lost compression. It's 4 cylinder engine. This is a short shaft tiller steer jet and I'd like to keep it instead of replacing it. I live in Union Mo about 1 hour west of St. Louis.

Another option, find a complete short shaft motor that the jet will fit on, and just swap out the jet. That way you will have plenty of extra parts also! :lol: A complete 1983 50 Merc. shouldn't cost that much, it's 34 yrs. old!

What model is the jet pump? Mine fits both 40 and 50 hp Mercs up to a certain age. Lots of these motors around. I paid $500 for my last one which looks barely used.

I'm not sure of the model # of the jet pump. As far as the powerhead I think the 40 and 50 hp powerheads were the same, carburetors are what made the hp difference.

Latest posts